Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zzzactly,... had that much Turps the other day, and I didn't need to clean anything. :p
Wally69 said:
silver said:
I knew it had to be one of them Wally,.... thinking I might have used Turps getting Tar of the sides of the cat car one time too. ;)
Wally69 said:
Kero is a great tar remover

Yep, if you drink too much turps, everything starts to look clean as well. :eek:

I recon that Avatar of yours has you looking the hero type P305,.... you could be pulling PDs out of the ground all over the place, and we probably don't even know it. You need to work out how to post those pickys up,... no use waiting for it to do itself,...waiting to see those glory shots SOON SOOn SOon Soon soon,...s o o n,...shh,....whole lotta soon. :p
phantom 305 said:
nice work there silver ..your my hero :p lol

Well, I had a go at cleaniing the black mark off that shilling.
Here is how it looked before.
1438264435_sam_2363.jpg

And here it is after getting the goods with Turpentine, and then WD40(nothing much happened).
1438264436_sam_2364.jpg

So I went left field and tried Acetone(nail polish remover)
1438264436_sam_2365.jpg

Still nothing significant happened.(will try the kero next time with it).
Tough stuff whatever it is. :|

Hydrochloric acid could remove whatever it is, at the same time I'd put the whole coin into a dilute solution to prevent color differences or patches if you were to only use a drop on it.

It won't eat the coin. It takes nitric acid mixed with sulfuric to dissolve copper.

Thank you AR,... might have to wear safety glasses and gloves though. 8.( 8)
AtomRat said:
Hydrochloric acid could remove whatever it is, at the same time I'd put the whole coin into a dilute solution to prevent color differences or patches if you were to only use a drop on it.

It won't eat the coin. It takes nitric acid mixed with sulfuric to dissolve copper.

just sndblast it silver 100 psi granite lol takit rite off ;) trust me ..... i know ;) lolol then some silvo ...no wories lol

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA Ha. :D :lol: :) :| :( :/ :eek: :rolleyes: :8 8.( 8) sob sob,....that's if I try your method P303. ;)

Better some coins than none, and still a good bit of fun with the Ace. Had a few detects this year with not much to bring home other than a bag full of junk, I guess you don't know if you don't try in some spots. :)

I have to ask, how is your pinpoint button going on the Ace, do you ever have trouble with it properly engaging?

Pinpoint button is still working fine on the ACE GP, and it is definately the one that gets the most use of them all,....would be nice if it was a toggle button instead so I didn't have to hold it in all the time.

silver said:
Pinpoint button is still working fine on the ACE GP, and it is definately the one that gets the most use of them all,....would be nice if it was a toggle button instead so I didn't have to hold it in all the time.

Ye , and i dont know how many times ive accidentally pushed the on/off button instead or enough of the edge of it to turn it off anyway