Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you look at the bone you can see where it may have worn into it over time. I was wondering how it got to be like that(nice and rounded on the end where the string is still sitting), you could be right on the money TM. There goes my fishing theory,... PFFTTtttt.... up in flames(ha).

Gday Silver,
Looking at the bone pics , I'm inclined to think that its bone from a bird, as there bones are very hollow and thin for the purpose of weight reduction in flying.
Cheers Steve

gday Stoyve,.... beginning to be the popular consensus now(bird theory), and I'm inclined to agree with you and TM.

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

stoyve said:
Gday Silver,
Looking at the bone pics , I'm inclined to think that its bone from a bird, as there bones are very hollow and thin for the purpose of weight reduction in flying.
Cheers Steve

Went out today for an hour and a half and scored a few silvers to bring home(among other things).
Here is the rubbish in the finds bag.
1423638808_sam_9005.jpg

Notice the lead heads and all that glass,...I picked up the glass to clean up and to make sure there were no tell tale signs left on the surface to give away my little spot to other TH'ers
1423638808_sam_9007.jpg

Some one was down behind the tree applying their lippy again, Mmmmm I wonder what they were up to,.. they lost a sixpence as well(the 1943)
1423638809_sam_9010.jpg

1914 and 1943 sixpences(not cleaned yet) still smelling like they do straight out of the ground,Mmmmmmmmm,.. love that smell ;)
1423638851_sam_9014.jpg

1423638881_sam_9023.jpg

The coin spill{both in the same hole right next to each other}.
1885 shilling and 1901 sixpence.
Also straight out of the ground and uncleaned,.. the older silver seems to hold its own a lot better in the ground.
1423638902_sam_9018.jpg

1423638903_sam_9021.jpg

I'll post some more pickys later after I've cleaned those silvers up a bit.

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Like the silver hulk, I drove past an old spot and the nose went off. I just had to stop, only having limited time, I went straight to the silver. Stopped and left as soon as I started to find 1 cent coins.
Sandta said:
Youve done it again :p ... Living up to your name
Senses working overtime :lol:

Been off the net for a while(phone only).
Went out a few times recently,.. will do the catch up posts as I get time.
First one. I hit the beach.
1425206139_sam_9356.jpg

1425206140_sam_9358.jpg

1425206140_sam_9360.jpg

1425206140_sam_9361.jpg

1425206140_sam_9363.jpg

This is a ten British pence(I think)
1425206163_sam_9365.jpg

Then of course,... there as the 2c hunt(bugga).
1425207413_sam_9505.jpg

not the best after dark photography either.

Twas a leetle while ago(seems ages ago,... but not) since I pulled it away from mother earth DJ, but the memory is vivid and strong with regards to the spot and the thoughts and feelings as it came away from the ground,... I loved every minute of it.
Dejan027 said:
That shillings a beaut mate.

Great finds there, mate!

Fancy finding a Skull ring that is likely a replica of The Phantom's like you point out. And some lovely silver's!

Yeah, I'd recon someone probably got the skull ring at the show years ago, or bought it from out of a comic book Mr C,... and like all of us years ago probably punched his mates, and brothers and sisters with it to see if it would leave its mark.

Well done Mike, nice skull, full on Neanderthal looking,... Wow, that would have been a good little surprise, was it from a charm bracelet,. nice shine to it, and is it silver, I haven't gotten out for a while and am going a bit stir crazy lately,.. if It's raining tomorrow I'm out there(mud, grass, cr@p and all). Only takes one little charm Mike, and I'm chasing at the bit(ha).Thanks for revving up my enthusiasm.

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Well the enthusiasm reigned supreme today, and I went too the beach and swings for a while,....did a bit of pre prep for the trailer sandblasting area, just in case the weather turns bad on me while I'm working first though.
Didn't get much at all, but, that 1919 theme is still running its course(petering out a bit in my case though as it toned down to copper on me), ceptn no silver for me.
1426048242_sam_9618.jpg

1426048242_sam_9619.jpg

Still, I did score a few dollars and could turn that to silver at one of the coin shops(50% silver sixpences are usually$2.00 a throw for the common ones that aren't all new looking).

Latest posts