Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quora
think it's partly down to bad planning. The One Dollar Coin was introduced first in 1984 to replace the One Dollar Note. They wanted the coin to be gold in colour and a good size.

Four years later they introduced the Two Dollar Coin but didn't leave themselves anywhere to go. They had to make it different to the one which meant going bigger, and becoming more difficult to manage or becoming smaller and thicker.

If they'd been thinking in advance the one dollar would be smaller so the two dollar could be bigger.
Grappler answer - declare this to be Day Zero - new coins will be introduced a specified time in advance for exchange - from Day Zero + X existing two dollar coins still in circulation will be worth $1, and all $1coins still in circulation will be worth $2, and a new $5 will be introduced which is larger again than the now larger $2.
Don't know if this will ever happen ?

Silver on Silver today.
Dug the signal that was hard to define, and in the search for more afterwards I found the ground so noisy it was impossible to define any other signal ,... left me wondering how I heard this one at all in the first place. If there were more they can be there for the next generation and their enhanced ear.
1477658286_20161028_135700.jpg

1477658315_20161028_135738.jpg

1915H Shilling :D

Thanks fellas ,..... must say it's one of those coins that I feel very lucky to have ,.... might be my knew Lucky Coin I recon. :lol:

Farout Silver I just checked the mintage on that one and there were only 500000 minted. Very rare coin and in reasonable condition too. Gotta be happy wityh that. Better than a gold ring to be honest. :)

silver said:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/252609953627
here's this one on e-bay, could it be at all ,..... if you look really closely I recon it might have a H on it too (only maybe). :D

Couldn't see an H myself on that one mate. I reckon yours might be worth a few bucks though. Hmmm, to clean or not to clean, that is the question. :D Probably best off not cleaning until you know more about it's potential value.

Quite a few for sale on ebay in very good condition going pretty cheap.

I won't clean that one at all mate, just bag it and tag it so those who come after me don't accidentally clean it either, we may need 3 or 4 genarations of carefulness before we end up with someone with the requisite skill level to achieve the desired result ,.... by then it's worth may make it a worthwhile venture (we all know that what went back through the banks disappeared totally in the big melt), the question that is on all our minds is what was actually left in the closet and what was lost in the ground ,.... there may in actual fact be a lot less silver around then we all think.m, which is good because even the dirt fishing silvers will hold value eventually. Throw a hundred more years in the mix and we will soon see what there is, the great machinery of it all will be able to add a lot up as it will be able to see into what exactly people have insured at the click of a button by then ,.... people will be able to see a lot more of what there is a lot less of is what I really mean. 8) :eek: :D

Niggling in the back of my grematter now is the germ of a thought, one that has a huge old PD coin spill as the nightmare site, quietly, silently waiting there, but yet relentlessly noisy under the coil. :eek:

rocketaroo said:
Nice, got a few myself tonite :)
You should still be swinging then RKT instead of checking on how we're all doing, on the phone(ha). You be missing out on that crown that sounds like a big coke can (well I imagine it would) but with no overload signal ! ;)
hope you did well and scored big time ! :D

Latest posts