Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse me while i squeeze in here... :playful:
1562469223_img_8945.jpg

1562469329_img_8946.jpg

I got this one a couple of weeks back.

MegsyB007 said:
Silver, your case hallmarks say... Payton, Pepper & Sons (makers), sterling silver, Chester England, 1904.

I love doing these searches! :)

Cheers,
Megsy
Good on ya Megsy.... certainly a nice thing to know about it too. :Y:

That's impressive Megsy. How do you find this stuff out? Do you have catalogues of the various makers hallmarks?

Nice find Silver.
A mate of mine stumbled on a good condition silver plated ciggy case a few years back, just laying in some crap/scrap in the bush.
Reckon they dropped it while dumping rubbish in the bush :awful:
It still had most of the silver plating, a bit dirty & grimy. He cleaned it up with toothpaste & still uses that case today!

I think I might start looking for ciggie cases in the bush more often now Ded lol.
I might show mine to my jewler friend and see if it's easy enough to straighten back out or not.
It was amasing too how many singular items all on their lonesome were in the bush as I went through with the coil to the ground (long way between piles)... had been burnt recently too so was good visibility. Probably missed a lot too though... sometimes the glass was hard to spot with soit still over it all (needs a good rain storm then a speck) :D

This is the first bit of gold i have ever found .

Not a stonker by any stretch of the imagination. I picked up a faint signal with the Infinium while out detectiing last weekend and became obsessed with finding what was under the surface ,so after 15 minutes of digging and detecting , i couldn`t find it and took some sample dirt home . Processed some of it today and got 6 specs out of it. Very small ,but ,hey , it`s gold .
I still have to process the rest of my bucket ,so there will hopefully be more gold in that.
Thanks for your guidance with this ,today , Mark.

1563010497_firstgold.jpg

FOZ

just starting said:

Not a stonker by any stretch of the imagination. I picked up a faint signal with the Infinium while out detectiing last weekend and became obsessed with finding what was under the surface ,so after 15 minutes of digging and detecting , i couldn`t find it and took some sample dirt home . Processed some of it today and got 6 specs out of it. Very small ,but ,hey , it`s gold .
I still have to process the rest of my bucket ,so there will hopefully be more gold in that.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14279/1563010497_firstgold.jpg

FOZ

Only the start mate. Tomorrow is going to be gold everywhere :)

Ward69 said:
just starting said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/14279/1563010497_firstgold.jpg

FOZ

Only the start mate. Tomorrow is going to be gold everywhere :)

Bloody cold and wet today specially when you have a hole in the waders and Just Starting, forgot to take any boots. But no worries mate. Straight in. I will let Foz send the photo in. But his got a little smile in pan and on the face, for the first time. Not much but its a Just Starting

They were proper 1 week old work boots with heaps of grip ,but they did get saturated. i reckon being submerged in the nearly knee deep water all afternoon actually helped to combat the cold . You know i was sitting in front of a blaring coonara when you rang me and said lets play in the river in the rain ,don`t you ?

I decided to take my late Grandfather`s old pan with me to see how he did it and to experience what he experienced when panning. The pan may have even belonged to my great Grandfather. I don`t know how old it is .It is big and holds a lot of dirt.
We used Mark`s sluice and ran through a heap of dirt. When i get some good light to see the stuff ,i`ll pan it out to see how big that smile actually is ,but there was fair bit there.

It was a good day out. Thanks . Mark.

1563088671_pan.jpg

No offence JS but this is Silver's personal thread, ask the Mods to move it to either Eluvial or Detecting show and tell or start a new thread from scratch in either of the above. Don't stress we've all made a few mistakes along the way :beer:

No offence taken. Sorry , Silver. I saw the thread of " today`s hunt " ,started along time ago, and thought it was an ongoing one for everyone.
Forgive my unwholley sin and know it will not happen again. :Y:

Mods, please move to another thread.

Thanks,
Foz

Latest posts