Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
Wowzer you've been a busy man.....Nice Collection and that Last Pic looks like something Good. :) :Y: :D :rainbow:
I used the loupe to get a better photo of it gda. :D
1490967232_20170331_223647.jpg

Outstanding Silver, been a while since you've posted that many coins/silvers. Your ground doesn't look to be that kind on the silvers, yet that penny came up very nice, got the dates on the florins? :)

Goldpick said:
Outstanding Silver, been a while since you've posted that many coins/silvers. Your ground doesn't look to be that kind on the silvers, yet that penny came up very nice, got the dates on the florins? :)
2 46 & a 47 Goldpick ,.... that penny was probably under the edge of an old building, I know one came out from underneath ,.... two of the florins were beside each other where someone might have fallen (probably in a rush), was an exciting day for me, opened my eyes again to what I could still achieve. :Y: :D

Thanks everyone, I slept well last night, dreaming my silvery dreams of treasures unearthed ,.... hope we all have a safe silvery Sarurday ! :Y: :D :Y:

Was having a problem with my camera on the phone ,.... photos turning out like this
1491014132_20170401_101940.jpg

1491014158_20170401_101952.jpg

1491014216_20170401_101701.jpg

so ,instead of just wiping the lense with my shirt
I actually looked at it, and found
a big dolop of mud
just to one side
of the lense
so,
once I cleaned that off
and had the lense looking
superbly crystal clear
it started to take a nice crisp photo that would do justice to the coins.
this is much better now. :Y: 8) :Y:
1491014514_20170401_122842.jpg

Nice Find, I have some of these coins only because I collect coins, Hope I get to find some Is it Ok to use metal detectors on park grounds? I only thought Beaches and river area's was all I would be able to do some prospecting. I need to get back into prospecting/treasure hunting asap. Its been way too long. EASTER school Holidays Ill be out and about.

Ausclaud said:
Nice Find, I have some of these coins only because I collect coins, Hope I get to find some Is it Ok to use metal detectors on park grounds? I only thought Beaches and river area's was all I would be able to do some prospecting. I need to get back into prospecting/treasure hunting asap. Its been way too long. EASTER school Holidays Ill be out and about.
Depends on where you are and what type parks your talking about Ac, some places are taboo because theyre all pretty and for show and people who want to rip in have made it impossible for the rest of us in those type parks.
beaches are easy digging and easy to cover the holes back in. Grassland should only be dug once one is proficient in doing a good plug so it heals well and can't be seen once it is closed, or, proficient in using the slot method so No one can tell where you been or where you just dug. And if you dig after rain, the soil is soft and the ground heals quickly, dry digging in parks is to be frowned upon as the plugs die off and get lifted by the lawnmower leaving a mess that makes us all look bad.
hope that helps a little Ac. :D

Smoky bandit said:
Nice bunch of silvers there silver.love the florins :Y:
Me too Smokey, was gunna try for 4 florins but my leg was getting a bit of a shake up hopping up and down by the end if it all and I was truly ready to just call it quits by then ,.... although I did still manage to find a sunbaker 3d beside the building after the 2 florins near each other, funny how a coin can sit there on the surface since 1966 and have no one spot it and pick it up, guess it takes the one person looking on purpose to have it happen, and that was lucky old me ! ]:D :rainbow: (this time) :lol:

Top stuff mate
I would have thought that amount of silvers would surely releve any amount of pain ;)
Good to see the cameras fixed , the last is a beaut photo
They all cleaned up really well :p

Went through that pain threshold, that's why I got shakey I tecon, feeling it now too specially in the bach of my legs from up/down too much, dug a bitta rubbish to find all my silvers at an old favorite spot.

Latest posts