Today's effort, officially approved.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzie1957

Wayne Blyton
Reaction score
Out for a swing, this morning just outta Bendigo, and these 3 littlies for a total of 1.1 g.
Then a coupla blokes, on motorbikes, turn up. One a Ranger and the
other a copper. Asked to have a gig at our Miners' Rights. Happy to oblige.
All good and legal and our little finds admired.
Had a bit of a chinwag and was informed that everyone found prospecting
will have their Miners' Right checked. That's cool, but wish they could catch
the buggers that dump their bloody rubbish.

1400409650_1.1g.jpg

It is a good reminder I guess to carry your miners right with you at all times, I have gotten a bit slack and leave mine in the car. What would / could they do if it was not on you when they turned up ?

In the car is close, its OK to be in your vehicle, so long as it is an original. If you do the download version, simply sign the printed version and it will all be good. If you are on foot doing a long walk/prospect it does have to be carried.

On an historic note - the old timers had to carry their Right at all times - no plastic bags in them days and no excuses. Hence the inherited love of authority figures in the goldfields!!

mozzie1957 said:
Out for a swing, this morning just outta Bendigo, and these 3 littlies for a total of 1.1 g.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1655/1400409650_1.1g.jpg

Ranger out and about doing his job good stuff, Copper checking miners rights not good, should be doing what he gets paid for.

Captn

The Police are also looking at illegal dumping, dope crops, unregistered vehicles (mainly trail-bikes in the forests), bee-hives being vandalised, vandalism to forest infrastructure (signs/camping areas) etc. I would consider that part of their job. In summer, it's fire-bugs of course.

Captain Zero said:
mozzie1957 said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1655/1400409650_1.1g.jpg

Ranger out and about doing his job good stuff, Copper checking miners rights not good, should be doing what he gets paid for.

Captn

The copper's out there so they can nail the illegal bike riders. You know the ones. Rip, tear and make a hell of a racket. Reckon if
I found one laying in the bush I'd have to do the righty - kick some dirt over him an' move on.

Latest posts