Today i was eating a Chicko Roll and ....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to love those things, but they had to be firm, not bloody soggy. Staple diet in my younger years when putting on weight was only something that happened when a person got older. I can also still remember how good fresh steamed dim sims dunked in soy sauce tasted (and how cheap they were) when we spent all day over the school holidays down at the local swimming pool and bought 'dimmies' from the caravan outside the pool on the way home.
Thanks Cracka for re-kindling the memories :)

Jembaicumbene said:
Spring Rolls or Chiko Rolls cooked up in a camp oven with hot chips ............................ bloody yum!

Not a bad idea I'll have to try that.
Jon

blisters said:
Jembaicumbene said:
Spring Rolls or Chiko Rolls cooked up in a camp oven with hot chips ............................ bloody yum!

Not a bad idea I'll have to try that.
Jon

Mate i use a cut down gas cylinder with a grill on top. I place the camp oven on that to heat the oil. you can control the heat by only putting small sticks in the fire while your cooking. Take the oven off the fire if your going to remove from it or add to it. I have hot chips, dim sims, chicko rolls and such simple and easy.

Set for cooking

1456396505_508_copy.jpg

Their great for heating also.

1456396569_2680_copy.jpg

HeadsUp said:
Redfin said:
Who can forget the poster that adorned every fish & chip shop with the sheila on a black shadow,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/232/1456357909_capture.jpg

they got that photo just right.

just the right pose to suggest an opening where a man could walk up and EDIT:Bit too naughty mate. ;)

:p

Moderator : can you consult your peers on that edit ? , I thought it was subtle enough not to offend any young ears (or old ears.)

And if it offends any members of the clergy well they can go pellin well neck themselves

Great story,.... no prwans in a spring roll,... but years ago you could actually buy a prawn and chicken roll,... that had those tiny Vietnamese hand peeled micro prawns in them,.... Y U M ! :p
I could go a CHICO ROLL !
new slogan maybe. :eek: ;) :D :p

When I started this thread I was a bit worried no one would be interested or reply but then I remembered any food mentioned seems to go down well on this forum. ;)
When I was about 20 yrs old I bought a Chico Roll and when I bit into it the cubed carrot etc melted into the roof of my mouth. The whole of the roof of my mouth was a loose busted blister, not happy days. Hey silver, you can buy a prawn roll at some takeaways now, crumbled Vietnamese prawns, not to bad at all.

Cracka.

Bazz said:
I can't stop wondering if this poster was made today, "what would the reaction be ??"

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2174/1456358111_chic.png

They say if you can remember the 60's then you weren't really there 8)

But I remember the Chiko :cool: 8.(

I'm a child of the 60's (girls were yet to be on my radar)....but i DO remember the bike....to this day i have dreams of owning and riding a Black Prince (w/factory supercharger). Saw a semi-restored Shadow at a rally in Canberra 20 yrs ago....the closest i ever did get in real life to the Prince.

GGA

Bazz, i just showed a friend your video and she offered to cook chicko rolls and chips tomorrow night. But not tonight, its crumbed cutlets tonight. She also made homemade pizzas last night and we had leftover pizza for lunch. Happy days. :lol:

Cracka.

cracka said:
Bazz, i just showed a friend your video and she offered to cook chicko rolls and chips tomorrow night. But not tonight, its crumbed cutlets tonight. She also made homemade pizzas last night and we had leftover pizza for lunch. Happy days. :lol:

Cracka.
Just a friend that cooks nice things,... I'll have two. :D

Sounds like the ideal friend cracka,.... tell me now that she's a picture of perfection (brews beer). :p

Hey Cracka

Let me get this right ....

Your friend cooks pizza, chiko rolls and chips, has her own boat and might go out prospecting, all she needs is a wallbanker and a pub, then she's the best catch out there

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p ;)

Yep I'm laughing a my own joke (someone has to)

Cheers

Making me hungry duck,... very partial to a spring roll mate,.... feeling very gruntled now ! :p

Never ever thought that I would get to mention this, BUT, my brother in law Dave McEnroe is the mans grandson !!
Doesn't in anyway make me famous does it !!
Nah didn't think so.

GT :)

Bazz said:
Hey Cracka

Let me get this right ....

Your friend cooks pizza, chiko rolls and chips, has her own boat and might go out prospecting, all she needs is a wallbanker and a pub, then she's the best catch out there

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p ;)

Yep I'm laughing a my own joke (someone has to)

Cheers

Ahhhh.....with a list like that, i'd definitely say "Friend with benefits".... :p

GGA

Latest posts