Today i had to put an old friend to rest

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Buddy has been with me a long time now...we have spent many a weekend camped out bush together chasing rabbit's and gold.
The best worker i ever had and one of my best mate's too.

Sound's strange but he was my amigo, my little worker, my best mate.
I've never gotten too attached to my ferret's.
Buddy on the other hand just seemed to fill my void when i was camped out alone all the time.
Never once did he bite me or even attempt too.
Used to make coffee when i crawled out of my tent and then let him out and he would wander off but alway's came back when whistled.
He got a bit old and wasn't handling this recent heat well, twice he nearly died on me out bush.

So today i made the ultimate decision and put him to rest. 8.( RIP Buddy gonna miss ya mate, I'm sure you will bag shitloads off bunnies up there

1517910164_fb_img_1508045867265.jpg

Sorry to hear of your loss, It's easy to get attached to our Pets and they become an important part of the Family.
Sounds like you gave him a lot of your time and he repayed you the only way he could, i respect people that care properly for their Animals and give them a good life.
Regards Dolphin.

Sorry to hear your sad news YellowFever, ferrets are such cuties and your Buddy looked like a fine mate too.
That's pretty awesome that he'd not wander off too far and then come back when whistled as well.
That comes down to your treatment and handling of him, you were clearly his best mate too.

Sorry to hear your loss Yellow Fever, even when you know it's time and it's the right thing to do it still hurts deep. Pet's are family too. Had to put my Maltese terrier down a while ago and whenever I think of him I still get a tear in my eye at the least.
RIP BUDDY!!

RIP, you sure it was the heat and not a snake down a hole?

lost a few ferrets rabbiting,some would find kitty's in den and tuck in,others we dunno and figure snakes.

doesn't matter i suppose,sucks still,sorry for ya loss.

Used to make coffee when i crawled out of my tent

He was obviously a handy little bugger and a bit of a bummer you will now have to make it yourself ? :Y:

On a serious note ..................... feel ya pain bloke, they do tend to become a part of one's life after many years together. Had a few over the years, but my buggers bit me all the time ......................and love to be paid for all the hours they left me waiting at the burrow if they had a feed then a nap. :rolleyes:

Latest posts