Tips for sitting in cattle crap and piss all day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been wearing high gumboots, jeans, short sleeve shirt, and an Akubra.
The gumboots were going well for the first few trips - until I really started getting down into it, and then they just filled up with the same cattle crap and piss that the rest of me was soaking in.

There's got to be a therapeutic spin to all this somewhere!
"Bovine Bath - guaranteed to add years to your life!" Hell, they do it with bloody mud in Europe (clever marketing buggers).

Jokes aside, does anyone know of any health hazards from Cattle business? Not from drinking the stuff (or eating it raw), just from soaking in it for hours.

The only tips I can offer, so far, are;
1) make sure it's worth your while
2) don't drink the shjt!
3) see a doctor if all those hormones they give the cows cause you to grow udders.
4) have a few pairs of spare socks and shoes to change into for lunch and home time
5) take a shower as soon as you get home
6) if your clothing becomes crunchy when dry, whack it against a tree a few times (after checking which way the wind is blowing)

Sounds like a pretty crap day if you ask me. The big question is how much did you find because the answer to my question will dictate answers to yours :Y:. Apart from that I don't think you'd find yourself in to much bother that a good wash won't fix.

Try to be positive. It's sounds like one of the few work places you can legally get shite faced. Seriously though I think if it was harmful they wouldn't have products like this. It's a real product and I am not just taking the piss so to speak....
1518693029_images_11.jpg

Mike Marsupial said:
I've been wearing high gumboots, jeans, short sleeve shirt, and an Akubra.
The gumboots were going well for the first few trips - until I really started getting down into it, and then they just filled up with the same cattle crap and piss that the rest of me was soaking in.

There's got to be a therapeutic spin to all this somewhere!
"Bovine Bath - guaranteed to add years to your life!" Hell, they do it with bloody mud in Europe (clever marketing buggers).

Jokes aside, does anyone know of any health hazards from Cattle business? Not from drinking the stuff (or eating it raw), just from soaking in it for hours.

The only tips I can offer, so far, are;
1) make sure it's worth your while
2) don't drink the shjt!
3) see a doctor if all those hormones they give the cows cause you to grow udders.
4) have a few pairs of spare socks and shoes to change into for lunch and home time
5) take a shower as soon as you get home
6) if your clothing becomes crunchy when dry, whack it against a tree a few times (after checking which way the wind is blowing)
Probably only Q fever , more common with abbotoir workers I think

Reminds me of this joke

A little bird was flying south for the Winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field.

While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him.
As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was.

The dung was actually thawing him out!
He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Morals of the story:
(1) Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of shit is your friend.
(3) And when you are in deep shit, its always best to keep your mouth shut!

You could use an oxy acetylene torch to burn off the affected areas (not) ]:D

silver said:
You could use an oxy acetylene torch to burn off the affected areas (not) ]:D

:) Great idea! That'd be sure to get rid of any bugs and bacterias! Might work for removing the tattooed names of ex-girlfriends too.

Latest posts