Thomson train line to Walhalla - Prospecting along the train line

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathKiss

George Popa
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
just wandering....
any permit needed to prospect along Thomson River where train line heads to Walhalla?
I`ve got the miner`s Right and i`m not sure if anything else needed and if it`s a prohibited prospecting area :rolleyes:

Regards
DeathKiss

Well now i`m intrigued ...
just called the Miner`s Right agent from Walhalla, as they are listed on the website .....
http://www.energyandresources.vic.g...reational-prospecting-and-fossicking/contacts

WALHALLA
General Store & Miners Caf
Main Road
WALHALLA VIC 3825
Ph: 03 5165 6227
Hrs: 10am -3pm every day (in winter closed on Mon and Tues except public and school holidays)

Told that I would like o come around and swing my metal detector , around Knotts/Thomsom/Walhalla , and said no worries , everyone does it in the area...
Now my question .... if it`s under Exempted rivers, streams and creeks , why would he state that yes it is ok to do it and plenty of people they do it around ...
Who should i confirm with now ....... :(

So confused ...... 8)

No one , just realise the fact that no ones going to enforce shit . Fill your holes in and everyones happy , speak not of nothing on social media and again everyones happy .

arroyo said:
No one , just realise the fact that no ones going to enforce shite . Fill your holes in and everyones happy , speak not of nothing on social media and again everyones happy .

Well obviously i prefer to be safe than sorry .... i get what you imply ....not my type .... appreciate the suggestion tho .... :|

Well people have been trying to get the grey areas in the rules clarified for years , you can wait your life away champ no skin off my back . :|

Hey Mr. Deathkiss, I wouldn't be too worried about it at all. You have a miners right, and as long as you are not fossicking on someone's private property without permission, or on someone's claim you're cool. Many years since I've been to Walhalla, a most fascinating place. Been through Long Tunnel and Long Tunnel Extended and fossicked all over the place. I know rulesw have changed over the years, but if you stick to what I mentioned above, you will have no worries. And as arroyo says, fill in your holes. Go find the yellow stuff old mate.