This is what you have been waiting for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
I have a big announcement for members!!!

"Western Creek Station" via Georgetown NQ has now opened it's gates for pay to detect.
Contact, Shirlee Young 40625591
They have built a toilet block for campers, there are 2 flushing toilets, 2 showers (cold water at this stage) & 2 hand basins, the area that has been set aside for campers is huge & there is some great views from the camp area ( the toilet block is in the final stages of completion).

I have been privileged enough to have been able to get onto the property prior to it opening officially, see this topic for some of the "Gold" that has been found, https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6825 there has been a 6 oz nugget & also a 20oz plus nugget found in the last month along with many other nuggets.

Shirlee Young & Geoff Brown, the owners are really friendly folks, so if you are planning a visit to NQ give Shirlee a call.
cheers
Lee

Good to see a private property opening up not closing down. I'm sure it will be penciled in for people's NQ trips.

G'day,

I've just spent 3 days last week at Western Creek. Shirley is fantastic to deal with. I wasn't lucky enough to find any gold this time around, but I'm heading back in a couple of days for another 3 days, just waiting for a replacement alternator for the landcruiser in Normanton.

Cheers,

Gerard

Dad and I are heading here on Wednesday for a quick visit.

Getting excited after talking with the owners about some recent finds there. :D

Thank you for the info Lee and a big Thanks to Shirley and Geoff, lets hope the scabs dont go in and take advantage.

Cheers, tone

Hi guys we were there last month, yes a fellow did pull out a 6oz and a few other blokes cleaned his area for him over night story says about another 7 came out of the patch.
plenty of leaf gold so be sure to check everything.
The place has been well worked with machines over the years, Western creek is next to Dels hole brother and sister, which I believe is all part of Long Gully the mother. This information correct.

We done free camping park anywhere you want on the property , my advice and wish we had done it go all the way to the last gate if you can, and park up on the small stony quartz area, we had a night shower of rain and the red dirt was like glue.
All said and done we only ended up with 3 small nuggets and once we were educated about leaf gold 9 of them.
We will go back next winter mainly target the leaf gold
good luck to those of you who get up there.
K&M

Latest posts