Things you've hung onto that might one day be worth something

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1558491936_rps20190522_122440.jpg
1558491952_rps20190522_122356.jpg

My grand dads WW2 compass, again sentimental value and will never be sold.

Was born in 1946 and had just reached walking age when I crawled under a thick Geraldton Wax tree on my parents farm and found this bronze "Bulldog" (Originally it had a brass screw radiator cap which I cut off later and had it chromed because I played Aussie Rules football for the red & whites, Bulldogs. Mounted it on the bonnet of my first car an old VW Beetle.)
Back to my early years; Played with this bulldogs as a kid until one day I dropped it on my foot breaking several toes, my mother hurled it back into the Wax Bush and there it stayed until I found it again when I was about 10yo.
Just Googled the Mack Truck beginning and this is what I found. Maybe worth contacting Mack???

1558514905_bulldog_001.jpg

Not one to be idle for long, during his recovery, Masury hand-carved the first model of the now iconic Bulldog hood ornament out of a bar of soap. Once released from the hospital, Masury applied for a patent on his design. The patent was granted Oct. 11, 1932.

Well lordo.1,
You might be onto something there mate.
As you you know, some magpie supporters are quite rich as they have never spent any money on dental hygiene. :playful:
Cheers Steve

quote=lordo.1]I got a bottle of 1990 Collingwood premiership port mostly sentimental value because it was the first one i seen them win . But you never know ,one day might be worth something to the right person.

stoyve said:
Well lordo.1,
As you you know, some magpie supporters are quite rich as they have never spent any money on dental hygiene. :playful:
Cheers Steve

quote=lordo.1]I got a bottle of 1990 Collingwood premiership port mostly sentimental value because it was the first one i seen them win . But you never know ,one day might be worth something to the right person.
Stoyve got all my own teeth. Lucked out on the wealth bit if its measured by ya bank balance though.

lordo.1 said:
stoyve said:
Well lordo.1,
Cheers Steve

Stoyve got all my own teeth. Lucked out on the wealth bit if its measured by ya bank balance though.

Wealth as a Collingwood supporter is teeth isn't it :playful:

Latest posts