Theft

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bushpig said:
Just saw on nine msn a prospector from South Aus has had 80 ounces stolen from his home.

Hope they find the culprits and get this bloke back what they would of worked very hard for.

Can't figure out how to paste the story from my iPad sorry.

What low lifes.

:mad:

The poor bugger.....

Anyone wonder why prospectors are normally secretive

I don't find much but as soon as it gets to an amount worth cashing in!!!!!

It's gone, outta here and turned into garbonzos :cool: "Too Much?" well I feel good selling gold!!

Bazz

Yep!

Sad isn't it?

Not being able to share the excitement :lol:

I now have a heavy safe secured into the house slab. :D
Fair enough, If they want it, They will get it. :mad:
Going to have to work hard for it though. :lol:
But then there might not be any thing in it. :lol:

1444543975_stolen_gold.jpg

Sad part about this kind of thing is it is usually someone who knows the guy, and that he keeps it in his house. :mad: The gold would have been melted down for sure. Certainly a stark reminder to not keep large amounts of gold in your own home. Bank deposit boxes are quite reasonably priced, and better than a safe in the house.

A mate of mine had a break in at his house by scumbags, who forcibly got his wife to open a large safe from which they took an expensive bottle collection and cash. It's becoming a sad society we're creating for our next generation. :(

Wal.

You'd never get over it. Eight years worth of blood and sweat to get that lot. I feel for the bloke big time. Imagine trying to get back on the horse and get back out there. It would take the fun out of a pass time he clearly loves. You'd feel like you playing catch up till you got back close to where you were before it was taken. I hope he wins first division in lotto.

NeoGeo said:
You'd never get over it. Eight years worth of blood and sweat to get that lot. I feel for the bloke big time. Imagine trying to get back on the horse and get back out there. It would take the fun out of a pass time he clearly loves. You'd feel like you playing catch up till you got back close to where you were before it was taken. I hope he wins first division in lotto.

I got done over myself, though not on his scale of loss, and at times it gets raw, but after 6 yrs i've come to live with the loss. I'm just glad they left the detector so could go out and find more. Mind you, it basically did ruin the hobby for me for about 3.5 yrs, and I'm now slowing getting back to it....i'm sure it will be harder for him... 8.(

Well lets try again hope this not to "Touchy" they will not have to look far.

Regards Frank

Bazz said:
The poor bugger.....

Anyone wonder why prospectors are normally secretive

I don't find much but as soon as it gets to an amount worth cashing in!!!!!

It's gone, outta here and turned into garbonzos :cool: "Too Much?" well I feel good selling gold!!

Bazz

Spot on digger.

Read this at smoko break at work the other day, this bloke must be gutted. As others are saying tell no one about your finds. Hope they find the maggots who stole it.

Latest posts