The pit....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This pic is of 'the pit'.

Its out in an area of central NSW. It's on private land , where a shire council take dirt out of for road base. I have permission from the land owner to detect it with the gpx this coming weekend.

Yes I'm excited! :D

I'm guessing it's a good 20 feet deep if not more although my pic it looks much shallower. If you look across the other side you can see the big old gum trees which help to guage the pits depth.

The loaders have scraped it down to an ancient water way . The pebbles are the giveaway there. Good bit is there'll be next to no junk down there , if any at all besides stuff off loader tyres.

Fingers crossed! :Y:

1532602264_2018-07-26_20.40.11.jpg

Are you trying to make the rest of us jealous ?
If so, its working !

Looks like too much for one man in a weekend :D
Im sure you would require some assistance ;)
And id be more than happy to help ]:D

Dignit said:
Is there quartz gravels?

There's huge amounts of bits of quartz everywhere. Whether it's the right type of quartz I'm not sure-my geology is below average. Tomorrow I'll be down there working nearby. I'll take a pin pointer with me to have a quick swipe around then Saturday I'm going in fully armed .

Dignit said:
Is there quartz gravels?

Doesn't look like it Andy, leave it to the big players I'd hate to see you in a hole that size, be a bloody good pick though.

Good luck buddy O:)

Don't forget me if you need some one to carry your gear :lol: the light stuff :cool:

Looking forward to your next report :Y:

Latest posts