The ONE thing you need before going bush in WA......

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a point, u not only can be for prospecting, but your whole life, u hit big black cow near a grid, fall over down the back paddock the list goes on but why can't dept mines ,APLA, make it compulsory when u get your miners right or national park pass u got to have reg beacon serial number I not hard ,I've had a mate had to write his last letter on a water bottle then died of thirst , that's how savage the Australian outback can be,the gov force other things on us that I think ridiculous but I'm sick and tried not only myself spending time looking for people but the time and resources taken up ,EXCUSES....that 300 bucks is a lot of money or I've done this all my life "I know boats"don, t tell me .that my rant ,JUST GET ONE PAY OR FOR RESOURCES

Hi Flatlander....some years back there was talk of making them compulsory....but as was pointed out...there is no-one out here to police it. SO you wind up in the same situation of people with brains having one and people without brains refusing to use one. Personally...I reckon they are strengthening the human gene pool by removing themselves from it.

I want to make a point, u not only can be for prospecting, but your whole life, u hit big black cow near a grid, fall over down the back paddock the list goes on but why can't dept mines ,APLA, make it compulsory when u get your miners right or national park pass u got to have reg beacon serial number I not hard ,I've had a mate had to write his last letter on a water bottle then died of thirst , that's how savage the Australian outback can be,the gov force other things on us that I think ridiculous but I'm sick and tried not only myself spending time looking for people but the time and resources taken up ,EXCUSES....that 300 bucks is a lot of money or I've done this all my life "I know boats"don, t tell me .that my rant ,JUST GET ONE PAY OR FOR RESOURCES
I couldn't agree more.It also helps to have a GPS so that you know where you are. Until the National Mapping agency closed down I always obtained contour maps of the areas I wished to work in so that, even in strange country, I always knew what I was up against. In addition, I always made sure someone knew where I was working. Obvoiusly this meant that I was often pestered by sticky beaks seeking to share in my research but it also meant that cooperative fossickers would also share info with me.
A lot of the problem is that fossickers who think they are on to a good thing will often sneak away on their own and then, when they get into trouble they find they have painted themselves into a corner. While technology provides one solution, good old human relations are hard to beat.

What I find interesting is
A gpZ 7000 $9800
6000 $8000
2300 $4000
My fridge $1300
Car gps $900
GPS $750 I’ve got 2 I alternate daily for charging
Lithium battery $500
Diesel there and back $400+
Sat phone $1000 and $30 month $16.5 in the off season
Plb $350+
List list goes on, but if you can afford the fuel if you live in Perth and you can afford a detector, spend the $350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts