The Good News thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
I am halfway through my cert 3 in disability support. Oneday, my duties could include taking someone, such as this young fella detecting :)

Good on you mate , reckon you both would get plenty out of something like that , good luck with the rest of your course :)

Ramjet said:
A good news story because the world needs more of them.

A guy on a metal detecting Facebook group I follow posted this a few hours ago. (Copied with permission)

"So on Friday a young autistic fella came and had a yarn with me while detectoring, he was really curious on the detector, so I gave him some pointers and a few off the Browns I found, today he found me again, his carer said he spotted me from the main street. So I spent the hole afternoon detectoring with him, and when he left he said too his carer that he wants to start saving too get a detector like Rambo, so today I found a great little mate. I gave him my findings for the day and said when you have enough we will get one sorted for Ya."

So a couple of hours later some very generous people have pledged donations and a dealer has come on board with a special price and a few goodies thrown in as well. We are going to fit the young bloke out with a detector, digger, pin pointer and all the other toys needed to get him out detecting.

I just thought it was a story worth sharing. There are still some great people out there. Well done to Rambo and all the others who donated.
Hi Ramjet, Hase the little feller got a pick ? pm post addres I will send a Little ripper digger for him, Ron.

bluejeansronald said:
Ramjet said:
A good news story because the world needs more of them.

A guy on a metal detecting Facebook group I follow posted this a few hours ago. (Copied with permission)

"So on Friday a young autistic fella came and had a yarn with me while detectoring, he was really curious on the detector, so I gave him some pointers and a few off the Browns I found, today he found me again, his carer said he spotted me from the main street. So I spent the hole afternoon detectoring with him, and when he left he said too his carer that he wants to start saving too get a detector like Rambo, so today I found a great little mate. I gave him my findings for the day and said when you have enough we will get one sorted for Ya."

So a couple of hours later some very generous people have pledged donations and a dealer has come on board with a special price and a few goodies thrown in as well. We are going to fit the young bloke out with a detector, digger, pin pointer and all the other toys needed to get him out detecting.

I just thought it was a story worth sharing. There are still some great people out there. Well done to Rambo and all the others who donated.
Hi Ramjet, Hase the little feller got a pick ? pm post addres I will send a Little ripper digger for him, Ron.

And a better pick he could not have , love my " Little Brother " pick good on you Ron

most worthy cause met here today..or whenever... by caring people... well done to all invovled.great story and as you say..a new mate ,chas'n the yella.

well done to all involved in aquiring the detector and gear for this young fellow,nice story of how it all came about..thats the True Blue spirit that i often rave about...but which is rarely seen outside of us who who share our fire around the camp at night...we're all special really...just by doing these sort of things..congrats to all of us :cool:

Thanks for posting that doc. Very well written piece indeed and as you say, a good positive slant for high banking and towards the miner as well. :)

Yep ,I reckon detecting is a good diversion from the troubles of life. I'm glad the Poms are warming to it-pity our shiny-bummed bean counters here couldn't see the benefits of stress reduction whilst cleaning up the environment instead of the bulldozers, erosion and deforestation that they seem to equate to it.

Hi Ramjet,
I'd be interested in contributing to a like organisation should PA members start such activities here. It's about getting folk out to appreciate nature, minerology, camp fires etc and am sure it would be a hit. What better life therapy than the bush, sun, friends, exercise, animal life (excluding bushwackers/druggos etc), fresh air and the thrill of the hunt? I realise it would take the buy-in of professional therapists etc, but you guys would provide the experience and knowhow. Hell, PA has got painters, sketchers, historians, geologists, lapidarians, sluicygoosys, detectorists, metalurgists, ewlery makers, boilermakers, electronics experts, furnace makers, site knowledge, general gooses etc. etc.

BigWave said:
Hi Ramjet,
I'd be interested in contributing to a like organisation should PA members start such activities here. It's about getting folk out to appreciate nature, minerology, camp fires etc and am sure it would be a hit. What better life therapy than the bush, sun, friends, exercise, animal life (excluding bushwackers/druggos etc), fresh air and the thrill of the hunt? I realise it would take the buy-in of professional therapists etc, but you guys would provide the experience and knowhow. Hell, PA has got painters, sketchers, historians, geologists, lapidarians, sluicygoosys, detectorists, metalurgists, ewlery makers, boilermakers, electronics experts, furnace makers, site knowledge, general gooses etc. etc.

It's a great idea Big Wave. I would be keen go help out as well. Big job to get it started.

Latest posts