The Famous Laverton Great Camp Oven Cook Off of 2019

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
3rd place goes to.................... (<-- dots represent drum roll)

Camel Curry (lovingly shot in the head by Steve) :D

Was a big night with a squillion entries and only just beaten by some boring chicken thing and some blokes lamb recipe.
ABC was there and I had to do an interview about camels. They will be at some stage comming out and we'll go chasing them and knock a few off.

I'm entering next year and my dish will be called "Some crap Steve made using a Kangaroo"
Then 2021 it's My Kitchen Rules and Master Chef! :D

well done Steve .... I love curry, but never had camel curry! interesting :drooling:
(lovingly shot in the head by Steve) ... so you made camel brains pate then ? :playful:
my bestest Aussie curry was a 'Coat of Arms' curry. Kangaroo & Emu ... the oily emu meat complements the lean roo meat.
look out Master Chef ... see you there ya Mad Fish :cool:

Ded Driver said:
well done Steve .... I love curry, but never had camel curry! interesting :drooling:
(lovingly shot in the head by Steve) ... so you made camel brains pate then ? :playful:
my bestest Aussie curry was a 'Coat of Arms' curry. Kangaroo & Emu ... the oily emu meat complements the lean roo meat.
look out Master Chef ... see you there ya Mad Fish :cool:

Have had 'Coat of Arms' pizza in Coober Pedy too.

To be fair, the actual cooking bit was done by a lovely nurse from the local hospital.

But I did with meticulous care select the powder, projectile, primer and case and hand loaded the sucker that ended the life of the specially selected camel out of a field of at least 35.

I then removed the back strap with great precision like a skilled surgeon and then provided the back strap to the lovely nurse who just shoved it in a camp oven with some curry stuff.

Then with great pride, concern and a large amount of nerves like a father waiting for the birth of his first born, I sat there for about 4 hours drinking beers overseeing others occasionally chucking fresh coals on all the camp ovens.

So as can be seen I deserve at a minimum 90% of the credit :D

Not sure when it'll be on, not sure when he's coming out to chase camels yet but I'll find out.
I asked him to make sure when editing it to try and make me sound intelligent so most of it might end up in the bin :8

But then, when he was asking me about shooting them I told him you have to make sure you don't hit them in the hump because water goes everywhere and he didn't bat an eyelid...I think he believed me.

What a beauty, youre a blooming legend Steve.
I look forward to see you on the telly sometime soon.
Hurry up. :D :D

:D Thanks folks!
Probably won't recogize me anyway, I actually had a shower, put on my flash RM Williams mole skin dacks, gave my Redbacks a wipe over with a damp cloth and wore my good head. I looked hot! :Y:

That's not the back strap Redfin...actually had some of that one tonight.
The back strap from the cook off was one I shot a few weeks back. She doesn't have a chiller so it had been sitting on a slab in the morgue for a couple of weeks getting nice and tender! :Y:

hmmm...just thinking about it...I hope that was camel we had :8

big_smile Thanks folks!
Probably won't recogize me anyway, I actually had a shower, put on my flash RM Williams mole skin dacks, gave my Redbacks a wipe over with a damp cloth and wore my good head. I looked hot! thumbsup

Steve, you looked so hot that the poor nurse was so distracted that it threw her off course. Reason you only came third. :playful:

Latest posts