The Explorer's magic button

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to my old faithful park which I have flogged to death over the last year looking for pre decs. To date, I have pulled over 100 coins from this locations but finds are getting thin now. I knew if I had any chance I would have to set the Explorer up differently. I have always just set the Explorer on a sensitivity of 26 with auto tracking on as there are high voltage wires above. Today I switched the auto tracking off, and wow, what a difference. I got the Explorer to run smooth at 18 sensitivity and although a lot lower setting, it was far deeper in penetration. I have never dug coins that deep in a park before. I use a Whites TRX pointer and it was vertically flush with the ground when I found these coins. 11 pre decs in one hunt is a personal best for me. Ill get the crusty Penny's and half penny's cleaned up so I can see the dates.
Cheers
1428306256_2015-04-06_17.43.45.jpg

1428306335_2015-04-06_17.45.16.jpg

Just goes to show you towelly, no place is ever done to death enough to leave absolutely nothing for finding,... a wise lesson you have found on your own.

Latest posts