The Detectorists, UK TV comedy series

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are still loose ends to tie up form series 2. I recon MacKenzie is just holding out for a bit more money, usual story.

It would be good to see a final series to the show.

bob

Believe it or not I have never heard of it until last night when I happened upon it channel surfing on foxtel. Wasn't bad. The episode was about the lost mayoral necklace.
Not sure which series or where that episode fits.
I will look for it now
GT :)

Next Sunday episode 2.35 pm BBC 1st. Russell and Hugh go searching for the Mayor's chain of office in "squeaky woods" and Sophie proves she is still very bad at spying.

Jaros :p

so was I seeing things? was it an old episode?
There was a skinny fellow in it that I am sure has been in many movies such as The full Monty. Was it Robert Carlyle?
Some did accuse the young girl of being a terrible spy in the episode.

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on Jaros.

goldtruck59 said:
There was a skinny fellow in it that I am sure has been in many movies such as The full Monty. Was it Robert Carlyle?

I think that scene is from season 2.

goldtruck59 said:

Mackenzie Crook (if you mean the skinny main character).
Was in all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and heaps of other stuff.

Ramjet said:
Just heard a whisper that Detectorists will air on ABC from February and be available at ABC shops.
Also the sale of detectors has increased significantly after the show aired in Britain.

He was on JJJ interviewing/promoting the show coming to ABC. A pod cast is probably out there if anyone is keen enough to find it

Pegleg said:
Ramjet said:
Just heard a whisper that Detectorists will air on ABC from February and be available at ABC shops.
Also the sale of detectors has increased significantly after the show aired in Britain.

He was on JJJ interviewing/promoting the show coming to ABC. A pod cast is probably out there if anyone is keen enough to find it

That may or may not have been where I got the info. ;)

Latest posts