The Credibilty Of the State of Origin Completely SHOT!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just seen on the "news" that Billy Slatter won the "man of the series" :N: the Walley Lewis medal WTF!!!

Slatter ONLY played 2 games on the LOSING SIDE :/

The credibility of the NRL and the State of Origin is completely shot,what a joke!!!

Game 3 was Slatters last game and the final stamp was this corrupt decision taking some of the focus of his last game and great career,well done Walley

Shame on you Walley Lewis,you are NO longer the king, Walley Lewis should be SACKED!!!

Someone in a Blue jersey was robbed lastnight and it happens all too easy,well done again to Walley Lewis and the NRL!!!

No wonder the head boffins are worried about the games long term future with corrupt decisions like that.

NRL R.I.P. :Y:

Throughout the series, whenever Qld were outplayed, the Qld commentators would say things like... Oh unlucky there for Qld, or...well things didn't go our way there... Rather than give the blues the credit they were due.
It was through gritted teeth last night that they had to acknowledge the massive defensive effort by the Blues.

Why they would have 2 ex Qld players and only 1 ex NSW player voting for Player of the Series is beyond me.Rugby League is nothing like it used to be.The NRL wonders why they are losing fans.(edit)Well done to the new young Blues,a job well done.Have to agree with Freddie that Trbojevic should have got Player of the Series.

bundyjd said:
Maybe you could give Wally Lewis a break, considering he has nothing to do with selecting the winner of that award. :lol:

NO and I'll tell you why.

The trophy has his name on it PLUS he handed it over,he is literally implicated from beginning to end and how about the judges.

2 x QLD judges v 1 x NSW judge and Mal Meninga is the current Australian coach :/

Why has been Laurie Dalley so quiet :rolleyes: maybe that says why NSW lost under him = WEAK!

These trio remind me of the recent ball tampering incident with Warner (meninga) and Smith (lockyer) and Bancroft (Daley)

What amazes me that people in leadership can be so petty minded poisoning a game they say they love,so selfish.

It can take years to gain respect and only ONE stupid decision to loose it and this will do.

All the credit must go again to Todd Greenberg :Y:

Recon if the bloke himself feels like he doesn't deserve it he could start the ball rolling into the matter by declining to keep it after retrospective thought kicks in. :D :Y:
Honesty is always the best policy.

Back in the 90s when the first game was held at the mcg , and there was an all in brawl at the start of game. Anyone remember that? That fight was staged. All the players agreed to it and the idea was to get Victorians interested in rugby.

I'm a Blues supporter & thought Slater was deserving. He was a standout in the 2 games he played whereas NSW had a number of different good players that would have polled in the 4-3-2-1 over the 3 games. NSW IMO put in a better team performance over the series rather than standout individual performances & as such have the State Shield as just reward. :Y:
You don't have to be on a winning team to win these individual awards. Slater was very good in 2 games in a team beaten over the series.

I seen these statistics on the Footy Show this morning :rolleyes: for the 3 games and I am compelled to share them with you.

James Tedesco Statistics -

# Games - 3

# Tries - 2

# Tackle Breaks - 25 (8 per game)

# Running Metres - 503 (167m per game)

Billy Slatters Statistics -

# Games - 2

# Tries - 0

# Tackle Breaks - 6 (3 per game)

# Running Metres - 255 (127 per game)

The statistics speak for themselves.

The Wally Lewis Medal - NO :N: