The Craziest Thing I Have Ever Seen - Holey Gold!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hopefully you can all embrace this thread and continue it on with some exciting finds. The idea is to capture your gold finds in a real life unusual scenario (Meaning Gold Found in Unusual Place)or you can express pure imagination and some other things added to hopefully get some cool things within one thread.

We can quite easily take funny pictures from the web created by many people, but this will give everyone a chance in making their own unique images and another thread exciting for all.

Maybe you are away on that next adventure take 5 minutes on your day or weekend camping trip to think or create and capture something funny or unusual
The only thing that will limit you is your imagination, get help and suggestions from others in your life, see if you can think of some funny places for the gold.

• The gold finds need to be your own or borrowed from your friend[/*]
  • It can be the same piece of Gold used many times in any scenarios you think of [/*]
  • Image taken of gold in real life peculiar places [/*]
  • Metal Detecting in funny places eg Walking down Spencer Street Melbourne[/*]
  • Crazy Critters Close By While Detecting[/*]
  • WHERE'S GOLDO this can be a piece of gold you find or someone elses gold it is just like the Where's Wally aka Wheres Waldo - take an image of the gold in a setting visible to see the gold but hard enough so it makes a challenge, when you post the photo please note at the top the next proceeding number and that it is a WHERES GOLDO for everyone to try to find the gold in the image. First person to save image and circle then re-post the find will end the challenge.[/*]
  • FAKE OR REAL you need to make note on your post that it is a FAKE OR REAL idea to this is that you may find gold in a unusual place and take a photo and simply name it a FAKE OR REAL to see how many think it was actually found in that place and see how many think its a fake image. Again this can be pure imagination Scenarios that others post you can work on similar ideas - just say a member posts a fish with his gold nuggets sitting on the fish and calls it a gold fish then by all means use this to make your own funny gold fish.[/*]
  • For those who love a perfect setting of pure photography or scenery try to capture an image with a beautiful scenery and gold somewhere in the image like a nice sunset or sunrise. [/*]

I dont want to give away too many ideas, its quite easy, anything that you think that would be a funny image of a place to put gold then set the scene take the image and post away. Please keep the images G Rated

1. Check out this piece of Quartz - looks like ironstone inclusions throughout
1481371129_pic_0086.jpg

2. I found this Blue Flower next to a Yellow Flower while Gold Detecting Today - does anyone know this flower name??
1481371198_pic_0110.jpg

3. WHERE'S GOLDO
1481371228_pic_0090.jpg

They are just some examples of what I could think in such short time - I have some others in mind - lets just see how many idea's arise

Next proceeding number would be 4.

For replies to each number simply quote the number you are replying or commenting on :)

Now you should all see how easy this will be to keep it running in consecutive numbers.

All the best and let the idea's turn into a great photo with your gold.

Regards M.G

3. For those who need a hint on the number 3. Where's Goldo It is on a tree

Picture reduced when I uploaded it - I can see the gold but thats only because I know where it is.

Keep em coming - great work all.

mbasko said:
1. I have seen a lot of similar quartz here locally - ironstone & other inclusions as well as staining. Some say it is ugly quartz but for some reason I can see the beauty of it....
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4485/1481530325_14815138358630.jpg

Hi mbasko,

Your number was meant to be number 6 - all good though we can just keep going with next number 7. etc etc

Yeah that is ugly quartz - I will take it off your hands to save you any trouble Hah :p

Great one.

All Fixed up. :)

Thanks Tathradj,

For fixing up our consecutive numbers - now we are all back on track for number 9.

Remember how it goes guys - 8, 9, 10, 11 and so on - hah

Great pics, experimenting and imagination to all.

Bring on number 9. - Gots me thinking now

Latest posts