The Blitz is on in QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you would think using hooning laws is just another way to give to much power to police again up hold the law not I am the law which seems to be more the case

The truth of the matter is that a touring 4x4 does not need a bigger lift than 2" and a bit of stiffening up and maybe up one size in Tyres, Andrew St,P, White. proves that point time and time again whether he is crossing AUS or South Africa and now the America's,

But having said that most blokes who do raise their trucks up normally spend big bucks to make sure it is right so I don't think they should be pick on because they change things about, I think if their trucks don't conform then they should be allowed to put things right.

This means that all the ARB Vehicles are going to need redoing because this Jeep is on 35" Tyres and so are many of their display vehicles, Oh and I just bought the Twin compressor in this Video along with a few other bits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZB6UTS_buE

I would like to see 70% of 4wds off the road roadworthy or not, IS IT NECASARY TO GO SHOPPING IN ONE. It seems to make idiot drivers stupid with a false sense of security and bulk. Legitimate users are being stung because more and more it's become prestige to have a shiny 4wd and the state government and roads are a business that can capitalise on this otherwise it would be federal regulations.

If you have a 4wd or you bought the wife one get it dirty sometimes or use it for the intended purpose.

Gem in I said:
I would like to see 70% of 4wds off the road roadworthy or not, IS IT NECASARY TO GO SHOPPING IN ONE. It seems to make idiot drivers stupid with a false sense of security and bulk. Legitimate users are being stung because more and more it's become prestige to have a shiny 4wd and the state government and roads are a business that can capitalise on this otherwise it would be federal regulations.

If you have a 4wd or you bought the wife one get it dirty sometimes or use it for the intended purpose.

That is more about dictating what other people can drive and no one has that right, Everyone has the right to pick and choose what they prefer to drive, In my younger days I use to drive V8 Falcons and E38's and monaro's etc but my first vehicle was a CJ-5 Jeep, and after that I always drove either F-100's/F-350's due to my work and also 4x4's, But since then I have mostly driven 4x4's, I prefer being higher up and I use them for all sorts of things like towing out idiots in the snow in winter and going detecting, I drive a 4x4 because the places I go and the things I do change so much from day to day that a car or a Van would not work for me.

Yep my wife drives a 4x4..its the family car as I ride a bike..It rarely gets into 4x4 but we are always going Bush camping/ boating /hunting ect ect..it has a bull bar and light bars.....And yes I use them both..... no false sence of security either......Just our choice. :perfect:

Gem in I said:

yer I to have 4x4s and like most they only go bush about 10% of the time I have no false sense of security when driving but I do have a laugh when I see people like you in your holden barina which you bought second hand and still paying off when I am driving around {jealousy is a curse}

i have a 4x4 (Turtle) which is 90% off road i unlike some 4x4 owners am not scared to get it scratched it was built for off road and that is what it does
i dont have lift kit or any of that arb stuff and have never had any problems in the bush
also mine is driven not flogged like you see on some 4x4 clubs (youtube) then come home to a high repair bill
i also have a Celica which is my run around car this has been known to go off main roads road once or twice

I have two 4x4 one hilux (like turtle) and a prado. The hilux is my work rig and the prado is the family car. Both get used off road. The prado has a 2 inch old man emu lift, roof rack, light bar and rod holder. It is set up for towing and camping. The tyres are not over sized and it gets me into places I need to go. The hilux has heavy springs in the rear and that's it.

I find it frustrating that a few idiots ruinin it for the rest of who generally have a legitimate need for a 4x4.

1536719291_img_20180912_29671.jpg

Im still confused about whats allowed and disallowed in Qld now ???.
I have a 4x4 Prado NSW registered with a bull bar, suspension lift, diff locker and LPG ..rego papers show I also have an engineering certificate on the vehicle certified by NSW RTA that the modifications are passed and comply with the relevant vehicle saftey standards etc ..
From how I understand things here in NSW my vehicle is 100% legal and not in contravention of any regulations in NSW ..
Where do I stand when i travel through Qld and get pulled over and the police or the inspector applies different criteria to my vehicle .. thats what I would like to know and understand..

Yes, I have a 2" lift and suspension upgrade, steel bullbar, 12000lb winch, 9" LED spotties on the bar, not on top. LPG conversion all done by auto elecs and 4x4 stores and licensed LPG lnstaller.
It's a gray area. Maybe they just want us to stay in Qld. and not travel the country.
The regs should all be nationalised for people who pay the money to be able to enjoy the hobby and their 4X4.

nucopia said:
I have a 4x4 Prado NSW registered with a bull bar, suspension lift, diff locker and LPG ..rego papers show I also have an engineering certificate on the vehicle certified by NSW RTA that the modifications are passed and comply with the relevant vehicle saftey standards etc ..
From how I understand things here in NSW my vehicle is 100% legal and not in contravention of any regulations in NSW ..
Where do I stand when i travel through Qld and get pulled over and the police or the inspector applies different criteria to my vehicle .. thats what I would like to know and understand..
Ring Department of transport that
Would be your best bet..But if all your mods are done legally and certified. And you carry the engineering certificate you have nothing to worry about. :perfect:

nucopia said:
if you have the relevant paper work and your 4x4 complys with safety standards your fine its the over the top mods they will be looking for and small stuff like rod holders lights in your vision or outside of the bulbar and anything jacked up to high and oversize tyres

227dick said:
Gem in I said:

yer I to have 4x4s and like most they only go bush about 10% of the time I have no false sense of security when driving but I do have a laugh when I see people like you in your holden barina which you bought second hand and still paying off when I am driving around {jealousy is a curse}

i'm not the one scared of a fine nor dictating what should be on or off the road because it's shiny or not.

The areas these blitzs are taking place is where 4wds are a status symbol and most owners I laugh at are too scared to mount a gutter and park their rigs on a vacant lot because they have spent so much money dirt is scary, and still they get mods done ??????????? That's what has caught the attention of regulators. SAFETY PPFFFTT.
I'm yet to meet an rwc guy that does their job for safety reasons rather than profit (i'm sure they are out there) it's just a business in an over regulated state.

MY BARINA WITH RECOVERY GEAR IS LEGAL even when I finish paying for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have doing rwc and mod plates for nearly 25 years I can tell you nothing has left my workshops unsafe if I have done a rw inspection and it fails or mods are way to over the top its put onto main roads I have even had police come and remove rego plates on vehicals that are that bad their is no way that they should be on the road but besides fighting between ourselves no matter what we drive if it is a 4x4 classic vintage bike new or old their are rules and regs which some people have to push and what I have heard from qld transport is the number of vehicals out there with major mods have now gone thru the roof and the bloke with a jacked up wide wheel 4x4 is going to be targeted the unfortunate fact is the 4x4 with rod holders and big lights and so on are getting a look in as well a lot of my clients are all sh@t scared at the moment just taking their car out at the moment the big question is what will it cost to put your car back to standard and can you afford it if you are pulled up ?

Well had a hard day at the office today and just pulled up the drive getting home from Fraser / Double Island Point :D and the rego boys would have had a field day over there today .................... shame I didn't get pics :/ Funny part is non of the big wheeled, body lifted, fully kitted 4B's followed my old Poo-Jar Ru up rainbow Beach at high tide :playful: But probably a little unfair as I have one that is specifically used as a donation to the salt every few years ................ :Y:
Also funny to see how many load their roof racks with a 100kg plus and have never obviously heard of the "pendulum" effect :eek:

Re purchase of 4B's, probably 70% purchased for either their suitability for towing or as a people mover (7 seaters) rather than purely for off road use.

Bit crowded :lol:

1536733861_double_island.jpg
1536733882_doubel_island_1.jpg

If your vehicle comply's with your States regulations,
You can travel to another state as a visitor.
But, If you have fitted an illegal modification that
requires an engineering certificate and you are not
carrying the relevant paper work, Bye Bye.
I used to drive an engineered old Hilux and every
time I was pulled over I had the relevant paper work
with me and was never asked for it.
Coppers would pull me over when I did not slow down on a hill.
And a rather bit too deep exhaust note.
List of Mods,
2 inch FACTORY Lift.
Duel Fuel,
33 inch wheels,
Commodore V6 Auto Conversion,
Full 2 1/2 inch Stainless exhaust.
I loved that vehicle but it got a bit too rough to register.
NSW allowable modifications that do not require an engineering report.
2 inch Suspension lift,
2 inch body lift,
2 inch tire lift.
Not one 6 inch lift.
Can have 2 of each.
Any thing over 6 inch, Illegal.

Latest posts