The 44 gallon drum debate.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upside said:
^^haven't seen a p76 since 1986! I've heard they had some luxury like am AND fm radio! :cool:

Would you believe there was actually a P76 club in Melbourne at one time.
Not far from me there was a house that had a lot of them he was always selling them or wrecking for parts.

In 2015 I fell off one and broke 2 ribs . I would be 71 , no much fun ! 200 kms. to Cloncurry hospital .

I absolutely don't know, but back in the Antarctica (1980) we used to get rid of our aviation turbo kerosene by stacking 44 * 44 gallon drums of it, wrapped in det cord with timers, way out on the sea ice and letting rip.
1614666496_mid-winter_bomb.jpg

Not allowed anymore - all trash comes back to Australia.

Mike678 said:
In 2015 I fell off one and broke 2 ribs . I would be 71 , no much fun ! 200 kms. to Cloncurry hospital .

As kids in Sth West NSW we spent 6 to 8 hours a day on them as entertainment, on their side we'd walk backwards to go forward and vice versa. To turn we'd walk on the outside edge if it was a tight turn we'd alternate from opposing outside edges and walk either backwards or forwards to make the turn. We all had good balance and core strength to the point we were rippled with a six pack gut until we started drinking booze :lol: The booze not only affected the 6 packs, balance too :lol:

Yep. After a while the wax separates in the atk and the fuel is un-useable in helos.
Most diesel fuel for the station's gennys was pumped ashore. You can see the big hose reel in the background. (~1.5km long).
I worked the barge, but much supplies were bought in by helos. 1980 was a big building year. The black plastic wrapped pallets were mostly concrete.
1614671439_unloading_on_beach.jpg

Sorry to deviate.......

BigWave said:
Yep. After a while the wax separates in the atk and the fuel is un-useable in helos.
Most diesel fuel for the station's gennys was pumped ashore. You can see the big hose reel in the background. (~1.5km long).
I worked the barge, but much supplies were bought in by helos. 1980 was a big building year.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6786/1614671439_unloading_on_beach.jpg
Sorry to deviate.......

Not deviating at all just decreasing the measurements :lol: :perfect:

Was with a mate driving across the harbour bridge and he was talking to some body in W.A. on skip ! The iron in the bridge must have been a good antenna !

Latest posts