Technology is simply amazing!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
During the past three weeks I have had three missed calls from the same number, managed to answer one today but was busy and told them to call me tomorrow.
They said the call was in relation to a vehicle accident I was involved in.
Later I did a bit of thinking and thought this is amazing they are going to help me with the only traffic accident I have been involved in.
Further thought the only accident was back in 1965 when I veered to miss a car that turned in front of me and smacked a lamp pole.
My much loved Beetle was right off.
So excited here, maybe $1,000,000 compensation!!!!!!

:lol: :playful: How many of you have had calls like this and wonder how many fall for the scams?
Wouldn't you just love to tie a couple of them on the back of one of Tuna's camels and let it go......

Ha ha ha the little dirty rotten Scumbags, I'm with you on Tuna's camel rides :lol: :lol: :lol: but to make a bit more of a thrill like the rides at the theme parks we could get Tuna to ramp up proceedings with a few shots over there heads :) mongrel barstards.

We had one trying it on with my 21 yo daughter.
She passed her phone to me.
I was told he was going to record our conversation.
I told him that I was also recording the conversation.
He told me he didn't authorise it. I responded by saying I didn't care and was currently recording.
After a few heated words he hung up and we've not heard from him since.
That was about 4 months back.
My daughter said she hadn't heard me so cross before, whilst also looking very happy.
I had fun.

Nightjar said:
During the past three weeks I have had three missed calls from the same number, managed to answer one today but was busy and told them to call me tomorrow.......

Do what I do NJ, I have the people I want to talk to in my mobile address book, if a number comes up and it's one of them, fine. If it's a private number or a number not in my address book, I let it ring out. If it is important, i.e. the bank phoning from a PABX that shows private number, or someone that needs to talk to me, they will leave a voicemail.

No number or not in address book = voicemail. No voicemail = ignore.

As I don't use my phone as an alarm clock, one of the last things I do before going to bed it turn the phone off. I got few phone calls from "Luigi" in Italy, on their time frame at 3-4 am. Wrong number :)

condor22 said:
Do what I do NJ, I have the people I want to talk to in my mobile address book, if a number comes up and it's one of them, fine. If it's a private number or a number not in my address book, I let it ring out. If it is important, i.e. the bank phoning from a PABX that shows private number, or someone that needs to talk to me, they will leave a voicemail.

I hear you Condor, do the same as you, sometimes I like to have a bit of fun.
SWMBO had some fun one day, our stomachs hurt from laughing.

Curry man said their was trouble with her "Windows." It's a long story, all windows checked and secure, curtains in place etc etc, strung him along.............

Latest posts