TASMANIAN OAK CUSTOM BUILT DETECTOR HANDLES

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Handmade Tasmanian Oak Timber Detector handles.
I can also can build custom design handles with quick track button incorporated in trigger style or standard thumb push.
Painted or stained, oiled or lacquered. Can even do custom burnt or etched writing in the handle then lacquered over.
The option is yours!
MUCH stronger and MUCH more comfortable than the stock plastic minelab handles which come as a standard with your multi thousand dollar units.

I will have photos by Wednesday of a basic design that will be painted in matt black to suit the GPX colour scheme. The matt black basic design handle will retail at $80 with postage included in that price to anywhere in AUS!
Basic design handles with a stain and clear coat will also retail at $80, all other colours, handle designs and sign writing will be an extra $20
Further pricing and details with the photos will be uploaded by Wednesday or Thursday this week.
Any design can be made and they are super strong and guaranteed WILL NOT FAIL LIKE STOCK MINELAB HANDLES!
(Please note if you require a quick track button as well as a custom handle then PM me for pricing of the added quicktrack button)

PM for orders
Cheers
YF

The pictures below are of a Tasmanian Oak BASIC DESIGN RAW timber handle, this item does not have the cut out for the quick track button but i can drill the handle out for quick a track button without a problem!
A full quck track button assembly can be fitted however pricing for the quick track button itself will be provided upon request of installation.

These handles can be COMPLETELY ALTERED to suit your desire. Any colour you like or you can go naked and natural stained, oild or lacquered!
1522826235_studio_20180404_164706.jpg

1522826265_studio_20180404_164139.jpg

1522826286_studio_20180404_164443.jpg

Thanks RM,
here's a couple of images of a basic handle design with the quick track button incorporated in the unit.
Still a raw product sorry.

So i have one unit in el natural on order and one unit in matt black on order,
That puts you (if you plan on ordering) about 5 day's behind build schedule.
Order now to receive your solid oak handle by next weekend!

Are the screw holes in the same spot as on the original handles?

madtuna said:
The screw holes are measured then press drilled to the exact specifications of the original minelab handles making the screw holes a perfect alignment. You can attach the cable guard directly onto the oak handle quite easily just like how the original plastic assembly bolts onto the GPX shaft when in stock form.

Pretty much a 5 minute swap over when putting my unit on, no slower then assembling the stock plastic handle onto the shaft!

Sorry for the delay fellas i have been unwell. Below is a basic design custom built Tasmanian Oak Timber Detector handle with quick track button cut out incorporated and was built for a GPX 4500. These are only $80 with free postage AUS wide!

1524456990_2018-04-23_14.13.12.jpg

Hi YellowFeaver
Im very interested in seeing how one looks stained In jarrah and lacquered!! Also wondering about what angle the handle is compared to the original plastic ones or are they on more of an angle of the solid Wood swinger handle??.
Always loved tassie oak.
Cheers

Cullinrock said:
Can I ask if these handle are still being made in matt black please?
Cheers.

You might get a quicker response if you email him, hasn't been on since December 2019. Welcome to PA :beer:

madtuna said:
Used one with a wooden handle the same , from a bloke just south of Palmer way , nice machine , added a touch of personality to the 5000. If I were out using it all the time I would go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts