Talk about bake a cake.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
Just about the hottest day on record here in Tathra.
42.6 and climbing
Humidity 10%

That's HOT, no where near the 40 that was predicted for here (an hour north of Melbourne) today. I've got a swet up only due to work environment, had cloud cover from early in the day. A little shower earlier enough to keep it cool and comfortable nothing to write home about though.

37 and 20% humidity here in Goulburn,a few threatening clouds but I don't think we will get anything out of them.

In Vic today (as other states) we had a statewide Fire Ban day due to forecast high's... we were only forecast 32* here, yet been cloud cover and spot showers throughout the day, with temps a pleasant mid-20's. It also didn't appear to be as windy as forecast, yet some of that also included late afternoon, so we may still get that. :|

We got sent home when we worked on roofs or outdoors if the temp hit 100deg F ... or 38deg Celsius...that's Worksafe's code.... up here it is anyhow... Gotta love the Humidity element up here in Qld... :p

LoneWolf....

LoneWolf
yes i was 6 years in Townsville and 3 years in Cairns (many road trips to Weipa and boats TI in there as well) so i know what that heat was like
5 months Malaysia and 6 months in Hong Kong
i use 40 as an indicator we are indoors but only fans (air con in the office which is always open if they want to use it to cool down) and ages run from 16 to 80+ the older ones go home whenever they like

1485770807_t.jpg

Now that's Humidity 7.62marksman.... Malaysia..... no thanks :lol:

What annoyed me was, I installed the Air-Con Systems on these big projects... but Never got to enjoy the cool air after :mad: Always moving from one job to the next :rolleyes:

LoneWolf.....

42.6 is warming up a bit, knocks you around a bit when temps get that high.
I lived up in Mildura, Vic between 1999 & 2007, pretty hot up there, plenty of days over 40, but when we hit 47.5 that was a killer, people were even baking eggs on the footpath to show how hot they were.
Another place I was surprised about was up in Corrying, Vic, up in the high country, winter seen temps down around -7, -8, then in summer we got more than a few days over 40 & up to 45-46.
I was up there when the big fires raged in Vic, it was the black Saturday fires in 2009 & we had 46 up there & the whole area was blanketed in smoke that was blown up from further south, that was a very strange feeling.
Going by the news, we're in for a hot Feb again this year, although I'm in Ballarat now so be lucky to get over 40.

Stay safe everyone & drink plenty of water.

I've driven down the Stuart HWY with ambient air temp was 56C. The poor bloody Falcon couldn't handle the heat and the road was just a river of tar. I was between Coober Pedy and Glendambo.

Latest posts