Taking nuggets OS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So far I have not found any relevant info on the net in regards to taking gold nuggets out of Australia and into Europe (western).
Has anyone taken nuggets out of aus to Europe? I know about declaring more than $10000 and I think you can take it out, however it depends on destination. Is this right

Hi Adem, I would not risk taking my gold overseas based on advice provided here.
Contact Australia border force for exact information.
Can you imagine getting stopped and your gold confiscated and your excuse was I was given the advice by Houdini on the prospectors forum.

Dont risk it.

Cheers
HH

adem said:
So far I have not found any relevant info on the net in regards to taking gold nuggets out of Australia and into Europe (western).
Has anyone taken nuggets out of aus to Europe? I know about declaring more than $10000 and I think you can take it out, however it depends on destination. Is this right
As you stated. 10k is the limit on any currency. Gold is a currency just dont leave it in your suitcase, it will go missing. Ive never had a problem with the carry on before taking 2k worth over to Philippines and back Check which country your going to with Australia customs

This trip to Philippines I took all my gold with me to get it melted down into a bar ..just took it hand carry and nothing said.
Went through the x-ray machine and out the other side in my laptop case.
Did the same thing last trip. As long as it is under $10,000 US in value you dont have to declare it.

adem said:
Thanks to all.
I will check with customs
Gday mate. Dont just check here , check the country your going to. Normally its the same. 10k. But is not but. Home work

Latest posts