SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavfromoz

Gav
Reaction score
Hi guys,

It's really terrible to see how devastating the fires are and how badly it has affected so many people, who never had the opportunity to grab more than the clothes they were wearing and, if lucky, their pets. They have lost everything they had and still have the love of their fellow community members, to go out and help everyone else even after losing everything.

I'd like to see if the members of our forum will join me in taking up a collection and if Nugget would be so kind to administer it and send it off to the Salvos or other authorised entity, on behalf of PA?

I can't donate much but I'd like to kickstart it off with a $50 donation. If others feel the same then let's do it. Nugget is it possible (if this goes ahead) to send paypal invoices to whoever wants to donate and we can get our money to you that way?

This is only a suggestion and this is open and free to amend, suggest upon or scrap. All input is appreciated.

Thanks guys :D

The total could be sent as a donation from PA, as the bush is our playground too :)

Hi Gav...agree to with Nugget and Ramjet, a great initiative.

Would be easier for all members to make a donation to one of the organizations stated.

To everyone out there on the fire grounds and support roll's you are all doing a great job.

Please all take care and stay safe.

BLUE MOUNTAINS COUNCIL MAYORAL RELIEF FUND
The Mayoral relief Fund aims to provide funding toward projects that contribute to the recovery and rebuilding efforts of the fire affected residents in the Blue Mountains.
National Australia Bank Trust Fund Account
BSB: 082 656 / Account No: 461792573
Or at Council offices: 2 Civic Place, Katoomba or 104 Macquarie Road, Springwood NSW.
Donations can be made by Cash, Cheque or Credit Card at our offices or at a National Australia Bank Branch by quoting the details above. Donations are tax deductible and BMCC will be waiving the normal credit card fees.

Some little bastard stole the fireys coin bucket from the local newsagent in my suburb... Talk about timing!

Thanks mbasko. I guess we are mostly inclined to donate to our local situations.
We live in Maitland NSW and have fires all around us.
We have family, friends, work mates etc all severely affected by the fires. It's so hard not to donate to all affected areas.

The main thing is that every donation helps.
All praise to all the volunteers who fight so hard to save other people's lives and possessions.

Stay safe people.

Rod n Marg

I was a member of the Warringah/Pittwater Headquarters Brigade a few years back but had to leave when I moved to the Western Suburbs and for health reasons but I know how hard-pressed all brigades are for equipment. The government does supply a hell of a lot but more is always needed.

I also know that although people have contributed to the affected areas (myself one of these) donations can also be made to your local brigade, to assist in the running and purchasing of vital equipment. You just never know when these would be needed and also that your local brigade would more than likely be called to assist in other areas as we have seen once again.

Latest posts