Super Sluice -- Garrett shipping costs. Not happy!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
I woke this morning to see an email from Garrett Aust notifying me that the Super Sluice Pan is now back in stock. I rushed and added it to my cart and then went to check out. The pan was $29au THE SHIPPING $21.99au. WHAT THE ....?

Sorry Garrett but you have lost me... I'll wait for the Minelab to come out.

I had a pick sent from NSW to VIC that cost $15 postage and it would be 4 or 5 times the weight of a pan.

Sorry just had to vent.

Thats pretty sad...ive sent fresh fish fillets to Eu and cost me less? And bought a 2tonne filleting machine from the swiss and delivery was only $1500...Au

Hey Sammy

Yep!!! It seems suppliers think, that shipping hikes can improve their profit, instead of just passing along the actual cost.......to me that equals crappy customer service...and that equals people like you and me bitching about crappy seller attitudes on a public forum :mad: :mad:

Just got 4 classifiers sent from Perth to Vic for less than $20, go figure...........

Don't know about anyone else, but my buying decisions are factoring the shipping costs more and more.......

Happy trails

Bazz

Cheers Bazz,

When I saw the cost I'm sure I looked a lot like your profile pic. LOL

Detectaden batemans bay was where i recently purchased a garret super sluice pan was $29 dollars and $10 postage up to wollongong was more than happy to pay it as nobody else had one at the time but as you said $21 freight is excessive considering i can send 15kilos spread over 2 cartons from sydney to melbourne at work for just under $15

i had a similar conversation with garrett australia 3 years ago, their answer was its shipping and handling not just shipping. ok that fine but the pans cost $8 at best to make so be fair about.

Latest posts