Strangest find yet 6 x 1cent coins in same hole

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Silver but the house is gone. Mum passed away and my nephew purchased the property in Upper Brookfield QLD. I asked him to take a look before the old house was demolished but I guess somebody like the meter man could have taken them.
Last year I dropped in to stay the night and was showing my nephew the ATX. He said that he found an old rusty metal detector in the old duck shed. I must have come from an army disposal sale that Mum and Dad bought a few lots from many years ago. Dad died in 1972 so it would have been well before that. My nephew did his engineering in the army so had a fair idea what he was looking at but took it in for identification. He's given it to a museum.

silver said:
You must look there yourself as even though your brothers restumped the house they may not have noticed the tins(as they were there working not searching) those tins of coins of yours may still be in situ Moneybox,...old and rusty tins sitting on the floor joists may be virtually invisible(depending on the environmental conditions)If they are still there, you may owe me a beer one day.
Cheers.
Silver.
Moneybox said:
When I was a young bloke I stored all my round 50c coins in my used round fish food cans. They were a neat fit and must have held about 25 coins in each tin. I had several of them stored on the floor joists under the house.
My brothers restumped the house for Mum about 15 years back. I asked about my cans of coins but they said they were gone. If anybody was to dig them up they'd be a great find.

My best multiple drop find was only a few days ago, 16x Florins in the same hole with 2x20c coins. I think they belonged to a vendor at a Showground because they were at the base of a 2metre power pole.

Keith said:
My best multiple drop find was only a few days ago, 16x Florins in the same hole with 2x20c coins. I think they belonged to a vendor at a Showground because they were at the base of a 2metre power pole.

That would have been quite the haul, did you take a photo??

So many multiple coin finds. My biggest haul from one hole was on the beach - 51 coins (510c and 46x5c) for a grand total of $2.80. Who carries that many 5c and 10c coins to the beach....go figure. Regards.

Latest posts