Stones I have cut

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try a nonagen cut Lefty, with your 72 index wheel. The return play is more intense than an even angled index. Have a look for nonagens on facetdiagrams.org and see if you can download the Star of Iowa.

Gday Pat- don't have a 72 mate, just a 96 and an 80. I've heard good things about nonagons but have never cut one.

Cheers

1534584441_98101f75-9719-42dd-b7a8-b05d2683d6bd.jpg

1534584441_c594ffac-3c54-4714-aa31-52540a50f7c3.jpg

1534584441_a038d6ff-5f46-4d87-a05e-ffee3adea169.jpg

I thought others might like to see the finished product using one of Leftys sapphires . I didnt make it but gold Ive found was used. The guy who made it did a very nice job. Looks much better on wifeys finger than my bent twisted ones. :Y: for Leftys stones.

Second thoughts, come on Bjay, 25 or so years and your not sure. Harden up and bite the bullet mate it's not that bad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :party: :party: :party:
30 years for me next week and hope I have another 30 .
Mackka

Top job Bjay :Y: certainly a lucky woman. I've just purchased one of Lefty's stones that Kate will set as her first setting. Lefty your work is fantastic, seeing your stones set must be a great feeling.

Got a few more ideas. Bugger the kids want some now. They gotta earn it though.

Oh mate, that looks stunning there Bjay!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Beautiful, elegant-looking piece there, love that split-shank design. He's done a fantastic job!

She's a lucky lady - bet that went over well :lol: Congratulations on 25 years :Y: :party:

Cheers guys, yes this is one of those moments that really does it for me as a gem cutter - seeing my work set in a beautifully finished piece. I always get a kick out of seeing a finished stone come off the dop, wiping clean and holding it under the light - but it's only every now and then that I get to see it in it's final place in a jewellery setting.

Latest posts