Stay safe on the roads

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneWolf said:
Makes you wonder exactly what some learning schools are teaching them...

LW...

SFA! Im sure the driving instructors (maybe not all) are asleep on the job :zzz:

When I taught my kids to drive I drummed into them to look at EVERY approaching vehicle as a Kamakaze Pilot.
I may be a bit paranoid, but this line drummed in saved my eldest from a horrific head-on a few years ago. A LCruiser hit a car head-on. 2 dead. She braked without lockup & went up the gutter

Watched an accident unfold the other week, 6 vehicles up each others area behind a semi doing 100kl/h. I was observing 500m behind, the one behind the semi instantly turned left with split second indication into a side road. Cars everywhere, van with trailer jacknifed. All blaming each other. If the idiot driving the van had not got out and tried to assault other drivers it would have been laughable and so predictable. Not many seem to take any notice of the 3 second rule....

I swear by the 3 second rule...it's saved my butt numerous times.

If you cause an accident you've only got about 3 seconds to get the fluck out of there before someone twigs to jot down your number plate

If you hit a pedestrian you've got about 3 seconds to reverse back over them before they manage to crawl out of harms way and jot down your number plate.

Jaros said:
I take 1/2 an anti depressant tab each day and find it reduces my road rage by HALF. :fistpump: :argh:

A mate of mine can't go anywhere in any vehicle unless he is driving due to serious motion sickness. He has to take a Travelcalm tablet every day or he is a wreck even going up a flight of stairs. Even with the tablets if we organise a camp out in the hills he takes 3 times as long to arrive and is as green as a cucumber, he's has to pull over and spew sometimes every 15 to 20 minutes. He would have to be the safest driver I have ever travelled with :Y:

Maybe we should all look into Travelcalm and chill out :playful: with out the spewing of cause.

The driving ability of the average motorist is ridiculously low, I have been passed while travelling at the speed limit many times by learner drivers with their mum, dad or mate beside them. Bad habits, like tailgating, get passed down through the family like some sort of genetic mutation, people that don't have the brain function to realize what they are doing have no problem getting a licence with our inadequate testing procedure.
Keep left on multilane roads, leave twice the gap you think you need and be patient, it really isn't that hard but so many struggle with it.

About 10 years ago I was travelling along the M1 doing 110km and got rear ended !!!! Was lucky to keep control of the car . Pulled over and got out , the bloke said he didnt see me ..... I looked at him in amazement ..... and after a few gobsmacking moments I said to the fella how could you not see me , my car is bright red, you must of been doing 140 to hit me so hard . Anyways turns out the bloke was arguing with his wife and wasnt paying attention to the fact that he had his foot on the accelerator.

Lucky for insurance aye :Y:

How is that some one who blows just over on a RBT loose their licence for 6 months and get their car impounded plus a fine but, some one can get pulled over high as a kite on Meth or something and can't drive for 24 hours and maybe a little fine and a darn good talking to by a judge. I find that really hard to comprehend.

The penalties up here for Drug Driving are half of what you get for Drink Driving.... I know, as a person I know has ben done twice for Drug Driving in 12 months and has only lost his licence for a total of 9 weeks.... Makes you wonder sometimes.... Worst thing is, He is still doing it...

LW...

We have just had a car go straight through the entrance doors of our local chemist here in dc :N:
About 6-7 police cars, 4 fire trucks including rescue as well as ambulances :N:
Now we have the news crews and helicopters hovering over head :eek:
Fingers crossed no one is hurt :Y:
Probably be on tonights news.

Latest posts