Standing up for our rights.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is a rally on Wednesday at 1:00 pm at the Parliament house steps protesting about turning our forests into national parks so that the yobo greenies can keep the public out PERMANENTLY. This is not a political thing, but it stands against the very thing that this club is about..........alex AKA greybeard

Moderator Edit
The rally is at 1:00 in the afternoon.

Makka, The club I'm sure Greybeard means Prospectors/Small scale miners and Prospecting Australia Forum (predominantly Vic) based members and anyone who cares that might visit this forum.

Snafu it may be the case we do have more than others and I'm sure if you had this opportunity you'd side with Greybeard. The people who show up tomorrow at the steps of Parliament are those who are able to and I'm proud of each and everyone who does. I can't make it but I will be submitting objections to members of parliament and candidates of our upcoming election.

This thread needs to be respected along with all the associated threads regarding Victoria's prospecting and small scale mining future imo. Reason being its happening tomorrow it holds no precedence over other state issues or their importance at the end of the day their equal.

Graybeard said:
There is a rally on Wednesday at 11 am at the Parliament house steps protesting about turning our forests into national parks so that the yobo greenies can keep the public out PERMANENTLY. This is not a political thing, but it stands against the very thing that this club is about..........alex AKA greybeard

Sorry team. Gotta put my mods hat on. I now this is a topic that affects us all so I'll leave it for now but please try keep the politics out of it. Thanks.

"not political?':.... "yobo greenies." :eek:

Peace

Ramjet said:
Graybeard said:
There is a rally on Wednesday at 11 am at the Parliament house steps protesting about turning our forests into national parks so that the yobo greenies can keep the public out PERMANENTLY. This is not a political thing, but it stands against the very thing that this club is about..........alex AKA greybeard

Sorry team. Gotta put my mods hat on. I now this is a topic that affects us all so I'll leave it for now but please try keep the politics out of it. Thanks.

Peace

C'mon RJ, that's not political, that's descriptive :lol: :lol:

xcvator said:
Ramjet said:
Graybeard said:

Peace

C'mon RJ, that's not political, that's descriptive :lol: :lol:
No comment. :p

Just finished reading the NAPFA newsletter, the committee has been very active, but those bureaucrats don't want to play ball , don't even have the decency to respond to the association requests, so the next step in communicating our disappointment with the lack of response is with the members of parliament , and as our elected representatives, they are supposed to work for the greater community, otherwise adverse publicity may result in not being re elected, only the elected members of parliament can rattle the chains of the bureaucrats, I remember this was the chain of command when I worked where I did , the nail biting and sweat from those higher up, when the heats turned up , your jobs not safe , looking forward to the parliamentary enquires into whats been happening with the so called stakeholder involvement and community consultation processes that are supposed to occur to allow the politicians to evaluate the topic and set direction for the states constituents , don't remember reading anything on the new legislation introduced on the 1st July 2018 in NSW regarding Crown lands time to form mini associations in those areas to become the land management committee.

It's a group called Bush Users Groups United. Bill Schulz of PMAV is the head spokesman.

RM Outback said:
Snafu it may be the case we do have more than others and I'm sure if you had this opportunity you'd side with Greybeard.

I certainly do side with Graybeard on this issue, RM and that goes for all who stand up for their rights.

I am a proud member of the Queensland Sapphire Miners Association and I guess it is the only united front that we have here on the gemfields to put our case forward on issues generated by what I call 'departmental interference' that invariably has an effect on the way we can or cannot do a lot of things. Unfortunately, there are many out here who are not members of the QSMA, but reap the benefits that are gained and I suppose that could be the case elsewhere. If we had a Miners Right like in Vic and WA, it would help to unite us in a stronger bond.

As I stated in my earlier post, stand up for your rights and I mean it. If I was down that way, I would join the ranks.

Jeff

Decent crowd, could be better

1533697918_20180808_130724.jpg

In the end by stopping people from doing what has been going on since 1850 they may open themselves up to and hope not , environmental terrorism, I wonder if they ever thought of that .

Latest posts