stainless steel 44 gallon drums - what to do with them ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madworld

Sam
Reaction score
Got given a couple of stainless steel 44 gallon drums, original plan was to build a bbq / smoker with them but wondering what you would make if you had them .. dont want to cut them up and hear of a better use for them afterwards

Thats the best I can come up with ramjet, but you never know what some backyard genius has came up with and for what they would cost to buy I dontbwant to regret my decision later .. seeing as you can buy a smoker for a couple of hundred dollars

1427098617_screenshot_2015-03-23-18-14-47.jpg
44 gallon drum with an 8 in still dragon on top would be the business. Could make good quantities of reeall good sippin liquor

No good for a still unless you want to get arrested and they are too big. I used to build and run stills.
Makes a great hooded bbq.

I also build stills, for the purpose of essential oil extraction. What people do with them out side that is up to them. If I had a lazy 4500 bucks sitting around I would be sticking the dragon (pictured above) on top of a 200L boiler.

All that aside, a staino 44 would make an excellent spit. I've made one out of a 50L keg before and it is awesome.

Thanks guys , dad uses a fair whack of ti tree oil at his work and the last lot came in stainless drums usually comes in aluminium .. have a small still here that im going to dismantle to make a prospecting tool out of so no good on the still suggestions, I drink too much as it is . Spits a good call and could be incorporated into the bbq also.

Latest posts