SPP HICCUP FIXED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all SPP owners received letter today from Dean at Gold Search Australia they have new boards to put into the SPP this fixes the hiccup
There are many people to be thanked for helping resolve the problem
Jimmy Sierra
Whites
Dean from Gold Search
all the people that made videos
To Reg and Zuke a big thanks with out there knowledge of these detector and being able to resolve where the problem originated from we can now detect with out a hiccup regards john :)

That's awesome service, and why I'm a huge Whites fan.

I will be interested to hear how it works out?
For the money, this detector will sell well no doubt.

Once the mercury drops over here in the West, I'll post up some videos of the SPP.

GD

Roscoe no I have not tried it as yet I intend to give it a good run on Friday where the video was made showing the hiccup problem ,I have full confidence that the problem has been resolved regards john :)

Thanks Old Hand, do you know if Goldsearch are going to contact us owners to have the new boards fitted, or is it up to us to tell them if we have any issues with our SPP's that requires this fix. Have not experienced the hiccup with my machine yet, but I havn't been over any really hot ground here in SA either. I have had some erratic false signals at times with my 10x5 Razorback mono around the Adelaide hills goldfields, but the standard 12" mono is pretty stable most of the time, especially on wet sand at the beach, it's great.... I'm digging small coins at 18".
Adrian.

OzzieAu letters are being posted to all SPP owners from Gold Search the hiccup is also present when ground balancing if you are new to detecting you may not notice it ,with the false signals and a smaller coils being used it can make the detector a bit more sensitive you may have to back the gain off a bit just think of it like driving a car in heavy rain you adjust your driving to suit the conditions so the same with detecting you adjust the settings to suit the conditions. Lucky with the SPP there is only the gain and ground balance to look after .When you receive the letter from Gold Search it does explain what to do regards john :)

Glad to see the issue resolved, certainly can't complain about the service from Whites, and the tireless work from all those involved to make this happen. Should be interesting to see the results. :)

Test the SPP with new circuit board on a new patch of ground this morning using several coils 14x7 NF,8 round ML, 11 round ML and the standard Whites coil
The detector with the new board fitted is running with a higher gain I feel. With the old board its was smooth and stable at 2 marks above the triangle and gave me no troubles ,with the new board at times I had to back the gain 1 mark under the triangle , this may be a problem for novice detector operators .With some coils on there was to much ground noise at the pre marked gain triangle .The 8 round ML was the best to use on it ,the 14x7 was to noisy for my liking the 11 round was noisy but not to bad and the 12 Whites I felt it was lacking a bit of sensitivity on small targets. Sorry but that how I found it to operate regards john :) PS THE HICCUP HAS GONE

John, how long does it take for the guys at Goldsearch to fit up the new board? I'm thinking of coming across from Adelaide soon, was wondering if it could be done while I'm there, same day maybe? Would save me posting it over.
Regards, Adrian.

Adrian it does not take to long the best thing would be give Dean a ring at GSA and book it in to be done when you are going to be here between 9 and 5 he is also there Saturday mornings hope this helps regards john :)

GOOD NEWS Re tested the SPP with a new printed circuit board this new board has made the detector a pleasure to use NO HICCUP the detector runs stable quite and a pleasure to use .I used a 8 inch round mono commander coil and with the gain just above the mark it was stable and quite I managed to pick up a shotgun pellet at 1 1/2 inch's a good result.
The next coil was a 14x7 mono nugget finder we found a it ran stable quiet and could be used all day , i must say there is a different procedure when using elliptical coils you must touch the ground once you have turned the detector on then ground balanced then you can start detecting, all good new regards john :)

That is good to hear John, will try that procedure with my elliptical Razorback when I get my machine back from Goldsearch. I posted it across this morning for the upgraded board.
Adrian.

Dean upgraded my SPP motherboard today. I'm really happy with the service from goldsearch. Nothing was too much trouble and I walked out with some great advice.

I took the SPP for a swing when I got home. It definitely feels different. I'm using the standard 12" coil. The SPP is rock steady and quiet.i found a bit of lead at around 2-3 inches. Now all I need to do is get above the gold and see what happens lol

With the new board it make the SPP a new detector better gain runs quieter better depth a much improved detector overall regards john :)

Latest posts