Somebody doesn't like prospectors !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walshie1000 said:
The problem is that the cops aren't going to look into it any further. Considering its such an isolated attack they can't really do anything more than a door knock which they probably won't.
That sort of behaviour, the kind that effects my well being and also costs me money (you in this case) is the kind that would make me take action. I would be knocking on the doors or speaking to the farmers myself. With a very effective weapon on hand. If I could determine who did this I would most definitely take the law into my own hands and severely hurt this individual. I know this is stooping to their level however its the only way to stop people like this. I know this isn't necessarily the right thing to do however I could not resist after such treatment.
Hope you heal up quick mate.

This type of action is definitely lowering yourself to their level and should not be considered, as it would not only reflect badly on you, but all of us out there looking for the yellow.

Surely some detective work to fine out who/if one of the neighbours had recently purchased a pack of chainsaw files like you have found, would help to narrow down the target for the police to work further. Also ask the mate if he would have some idea of the character of the adjacent neighbours, etc.

Rob.

Bazz said:
AngerManagement said:
Grab one of these and set it up...

Police would have to act then..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Genu...-Scout-camera-color-view-4GB-SD-/251167680046

For the $139.00 it would be worth it to nab these suckers
Not sure how much range these things have but they would at least give you eyes on your bus. Having said that setting it up overnight to see if that particular spot has any nocturnal visitors might be interesting as it records to sd card. I guess that would be when they set the spikes they might come back to check out their handy work or remove evidence.

Do Not forget to check before you drive away either...

Araratgold said:
Unfortunately fellas taking the law into your own hands can only end up causing more problems than it solves, as satisfying as a bit of " rough justice " is !
Proving who did this is near on impossible.
One thing for sure, next time I park there I will give the ground the once over with the detector before parking ! It won't stop me going there because I have permission.
Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Cheers,
Rick

PLEASE REPORT THIS to the Ararat Police station!

A mate of mine who works for Victoria Police and was stationed at Ararat for around two years say 5 to 6 years ago told me the number one crime in the the Ararat area is trespass and the main reasons given by offenders is Gold Prospecting or hunting? I can understand the land owners concern but setting human booby traps is illegal and can have very bad consequences.

Such a shame so many in prospecting will trespass on private land to get gold? A mate has a bush block in Heathcote and the properties next door phone my mate 6 to 8 times a week when ever they see a trespasser with a detector on his land, 6 to 8 times a week now that is making legal and legitimate prospectors look very bad.
The actions of some will destroy our rights for all.

Swinging & digging said:
PLEASE REPORT THIS to the Ararat Police station!

A mate of mine who works for Victoria Police and was stationed at Ararat for around two years say 5 to 6 years ago told me the number one crime in the the Ararat area is trespass and the main reasons given by offenders is Gold Prospecting or hunting? I can understand the land owners concern but setting human booby traps is illegal and can have very bad consequences.

Such a shame so many in prospecting will trespass on private land to get gold? A mate has a bush block in Heathcote and the properties next door phone my mate 6 to 8 times a week when ever they see a trespasser with a detector on his land, 6 to 8 times a week now that is making legal and legitimate prospectors look very bad.
The actions of some will destroy our rights for all.

Over here we have written contracts and never go on A Property with out consent.

I know people that have went to a gold baring area and dropped lead pellets everywhere over a 400m square area for others to give up and go home but doing something like above that is a bit too far I think

What would happen if you applyed for victims of crimes?. Would this warrant a further investigation from the prosecution and make the police look into it harder or even be forced out to do there job??. Hope it pans out for you mate shit like this needs attention not traffic infringements that make up there day.

Unbelievable, I'd really be making a fuss about it at the police station, I'd call the council too, if I ever found out who it was they would be sorry, I have a very very long memory and a lot of patience to get revenge for something like that. Keep an eye on the wound mate and how you feel, a psycho like that may have dipped the spikes in something nasty......

Might not of been you they were targeting mate, could be that they have seen moon lighters or fence jumpers when you have not been out there, try a polite approach to the suspected indervigual/s under the guise of "hey mate, just letting you know that some f##kwitt is spiking the roads"
In any case it will put em on the back foot strait up, they're reaction should let you know who the guilty party is :mad:

a current affair or something similar would love to hear from you
then the cops would have to look into it
the last thing they need is more bad press
make a deal of it, repair to one tire, replacement of another= $$$$ that you couldn't afford to spend
plus time off work because you couldn't walk properly!!!! oh plus a new pair of boots, because you now have one with a hole in it
all because some F*@&wit thought to take actions into his own hands

the powers of media can do a lot,
cheers Kane

dwt said:
Might not of been you they were targeting mate, could be that they have seen moon lighters or fence jumpers when you have not been out there, try a polite approach to the suspected indervigual/s under the guise of "hey mate, just letting you know that some f##kwitt is spiking the roads"
In any case it will put em on the back foot strait up, they're reaction should let you know who the guilty party is :mad:
Best way to bring an asshole unstuck. :D
Be nice to them, Don't let them know you are on to them.
When they slip up, The rest would be history. :lol:

Yeah tuff call and even harder to stay calm after pulling one out of your foot !

Even tho the most common response is to get some good old nasty revenge' I would stay calm, set up a cheep trail camera up in a tree if you can find out who is setting up booby traps mail him a few spikes to let him know your watching!

If the saga continues start spreading nails in his driveway until he gets the idea' there's lots of simple pay back methods without causing harm.

To be honest even though this trap setting is not the right way of going about it, fact is this was prob started from fossickers trespassing first, the cops cant keep going to his place every day of the week....if you keep kicking the dog it will bite!
Somebody will get justice eventually

The cops won't be interested in doing anything about this, it is a very common occurrence in the bush. It is not just prospectors that are targeted, it is more often illegal hunters trespassing.

Farmers have had enough of people just pulling up and using their land for whatever purpose they choose fit and have started to fight back. The cops don't care because the people being targeted are lawbreakers, you were just unlucky you were misidentified.

If I were you and had access to a property I would be parking at the property owners house or at least accessing the area you intend to use by using the farmers own tracks. At the very least I would ask the farmer to let his neighbours know that you are there with his permission.

What happened to you is wrong in every way but I have heard of farmers doing much worse, most times the blokes are up to no good and are very reluctant to report it.

You might of found some fence jumping neighbours honey hole there mate. Dont give up, just keep cleaning everything outta there. Thats gotta pi@# him off watching someone else score his ill found treasure. Some thoughts went through my head reading this but im not giving out secrets. ;) Im getting myself one of those cameras as i often set up my sluice and go back to camp at night with the pump but leave the sluice set up for start tomorrow morning (this also makes it clear that your not finished with your hole/trench).

Cracka

Latest posts