some examples of my tumbling

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer385

Terry Rushton
Reaction score
Not a great photo - taken with iphone. From left to right: Chrysoprase, Chrysochola, Petrified wood.

Found the chrysocola very hard to get a decent polish.

Terry

1440629169_dads_phone_270815_009_small.jpg

Hi AR,

Just had another look at the Chrysocola and it is shiny enough but has a quite uneven surface though doesnt appear to be pitted or porous.

I did post a question about preparing it for tumbling but got no responses. I just tumbled it the same way as the Chrysoprase, however the Chrysoprase takes the polish much better.

I did lots of the petrified wood and got some amazing looking pieces, will post more picks later.

Terry

I'm still yet to tumble but I know my kids will love it ( apart from the noise whilst they attempt sleep lol ) so I don't know much but its certainly an easy way to turn most rocks into something of beauty

Is it from tennant creek n.t?

Ill check out one of my buried books later to see if I can figure out why its not polishing

Awsome stones there mate carnt wait to start tumbling mine just finding out all the info needed before jumping into it :) very nice stones though mate :)

AtomRat said:
If we didn't have this rain we would be finding tumbling material now :lol: :mad:

We better get a good day next week..

That rain is steady isn't it AR
I've got the bug on this subject too at the moment.
Been finding some intriguing finds. Not good when you don't know enough. So of course I have containers of rocks accumulating in my home ?

Explorer385, i will see how i go at finding some first but thankyou very much for the offer. I am not too far from Kangeroo valley and we used to find some round there. Not sure if it would look as nice as yours tumbled though or if you can still find it like you used to. May have to wait a while with all this water though 8.(

These were my first ever try at tumbling:

Latest posts