Sneak peak

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1418297152_img_20141211_222450.jpg

Engineer has been busy again and keeps sending these pics. It's nearly go time. Excited much.

I think I'd be kidding myself to try and hide it. I like the idea of showing my green credentials though haha.

holly crap dont know how i missed this build!!! what a a beast.....lost for words (doesn't happen often) Wow great engineering super envious feeling slack about the pile of lpg drums accumulating behind my shed with the intentions of building a trommel.... slackness overcome by excitement for you brother... Awesome! I now you know what to do with it too.

mate you are going to do some damage with that thing.... looks like you might need a mate with big tough 4wd and lots of low down torque to help get this thing into the bush..... eh :) nudge nudge.....

Hi Goldtarget,

Mate, I reckon you should paint it "nipple pink"!!!!!!!!!! the powers to be will think your crazy and leave you alone !!!!!!!!!!! maybe....

Hmm well time has been the enemy. Bloody thing is almost done, I haven't really made time to go get this thing. Needs a couple of things to finish, some dollars to square the bill, and a good mood from Mrs GT to explain why it exists. That last thing is the hardest.

I have been busy though assembling the equipment like conveyor, water storage and filtration, levels, trailer feet, pricing paint And readying the spray gun and plastic sheeting for spraying, stainless launder bars, and sluice trays. Xmas had just extended the timeline a bit, and work is crazy busy.

Admittedly I've been piecing together a high capacity puddler out of stainless, but both things should be nearly done by start of Feb fingers crossed.

Hahaha. I might want to invite the bloke around one day. If blood is shed it should be mine. I've been waiting for her to make a bad judgement call on a purchase. It's only because she wants to buy another house. I don't want mine to be the one shared with the pooch. Honestly I've purchased so many toys/vehicles/equipment over the years I've made the situation tenuous. Might have to sell a few things but she would still smell a rat haha.

Hear you there mate, the compressor was bad enough........ Wait till the drill rig rocks up........gulp!!!! 8.(
Anyways, I was out where that slightly crazy dude is building your trommel (had to catch up with him RE a dog) and he reckons it will be rotating by end of next week, not sure your choice on the guy building it was the best one!!
He reminds me of the crazy Doc out of Back to the Future "great scots" :lol:

Tell her you swapped such and such for it! And she will say "bloody hell you and your deals"
End of story well in my case generally is.

GT' you need to organise a day that everyone can fill a pan under it and kick back with a beer'

I love that idea. Let me put some thought into it. Might have just the spot. I rarely have a beer but might be good to give it a christening.

What an absolutely awesome project mate.

Like others have said, I can't wait to see footage of that bad boy in action.

Hey mate, nice build!!
A bit of advice though if I may....
Don't worry about paint until the thing works!!!!

Why does the trommel barrel look flat, ie no fall in respect to the frame?

Latest posts