Snake Catching.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't ever forget when I was 10 years old a close friend of mine had captured a small eastern brown snake which he placed in a 2l soda bottle. He'd carry that snake around the neighborhood looking for insects to feed it. I'd go over to his place and he'd let the snake on the trampoline and bounce over it while it would strike. I also had a sleep over his place while it was somewhere loose in his bedroom. He'd just say to try not to step on any clothes as it liked to hide under them. Needless to say it creeped me out a bit as I slept on a mattress on the floor. His parents didn't know much about snakes at the time so let him keep it. One day he took it to school for show and tell. The teacher, having no idea what he was about to reveal to the class jumped on her desk screaming in fear as he tipped it out of the soda bottle and asked kids to come pet it. She pleaded with him to get away from it and so he put it back in the bottle. His parents were called and after learning what he'd been keeping as a pet they called the wildlife sanctuary and someone came to collect it.

Just so you recognise one next time mate.
1548417661_bd7c1ad6-d39a-425d-bccc-92b306d39ae1.jpg

The good old March fly :awful:

The disturbing thing with the March flys is they actually make a noise like there drilling into you while biting. As for sandflys ide rather be bitten by an elephant? Do they bite ?copped around a hundred sandflies bites down at port Albert years ago, yes using the fork to scratch was very tempting.

Latest posts