Slobs in the bush

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was out one day and came across a old timers hole a very big old timers hole with 37 tiers in it and in Kingowa found an old lounge sweet, a fridge and a telly thought about setting up house lol dont know how they got out there to dump it track was pretty rough and we were about 5 k into the bush .PP

Pirate pete said:
dont know how they got out there to dump it track was pretty rough and we were about 5 k into the bush .PP

:eek: ...sooo, you didn't get the mail?....come in from the other side and it's only a cpl hundred yrds... :p :lol: (joking ;) )

I get surprised at times myself....some don't even go to the trouble of 'out of sight'..and dump on the roadside, flat screen tv's, bags of clothes, boxes of paperwork...it goes on & on...no sense of self responsibility much these days imo.

I'd love to go to their homes and treat it the same way.... :mad:

Gypsy

Pirate pete said:
.some don't even go to the trouble of 'out of sight'..and dump on the roadside, flat screen tv's, bags of clothes, boxes of paperwork...it goes on & on...no sense of self responsibility much these days imo.

Gypsy

Yep going up Tuggeranong Hill on the Monaro HWY is a popular spot for people doing this, that and dumping cars on the side of the road seems to be a popular pastime in the ACT.

There is nothing worse than fighting your way thru thick scrub down a rough bush track and finding a ( great view/nice little creek etc....)
and thinking ..( I wonder if I am the first to see this spot... )
Then on looking around you find beer cans and soiled disposable nappies etc etc...
These people have no respect for the bush.....

The Old Princable of what you take you take out and leave nothing but footprints
Basicly people today are bloody lazy it doesn't take much to clean up after yourself....

Just my 2bobs worth....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

The worst I think is the asbestos.

Last time we went out to Elaine, walked over a mullock heap and there in the pit was a giant clear plastic bag of AC sheet.

sigh

Mrs TD and I stayed at Blacksmith gully on our last trip over to the GT and the camp over from us was jaw droppingly filthy. half empty cordial bottles, cans, paper, bottles, and multiples not one or two. And I thought, yep and someone else would have to pick up after them when they vacated a rental property.............surely they wouldn't treat their own home like that. Its no wonder we who use the bush get a bad rap when idiots like that soil it as this crowd did. Fair Dinkum!!!!! I wish Id taken a photo cause you wouldn't believe it.

Hi All..

Interesting to come across this post stream, whereas I had thought about the illegal or wanton dumping of rubbish just the other day.

The CEO of my shire earns $300,000+ per annum.

The other wigs in office get an almost commensurate sum per annum as well.

I'd bet that local council waste handling provisions per year could include the budgeting for and the eradication of penalty tipping fees.

Rubbish generation is not a curse - it is a reality in our society.

Scrapping fees would go a long way to overcoming the problem of dumping (white goods and / or large item rubbish) just any old place, purely to evade the high cost of "doing the right thing."

Some people just cannot afford to "do the right thing" and the problem of man made refuse just doesn't go away..

Therefore, I'd like to go through the council's balance sheet figures.

I bet it could be done.

"No Tip Fees"

Also - pause to wonder how many public works (hospitals, schools etc.), that could be built out of the funding of 5 minutes of fireworks bringing about every happy new years celebration in the city centres.

stevewilko said:
Hi All..

Interesting to come across this post stream, whereas I had thought about the illegal or wanton dumping of rubbish just the other day.

The CEO of my shire earns $300,000+ per annum.

The other wigs in office get an almost commensurate sum per annum as well.

I'd bet that local council waste handling provisions per year could include the budgeting for and the eradication of penalty tipping fees.

Rubbish generation is not a curse - it is a reality in our society.

Scrapping fees would go a long way to overcoming the problem of dumping (white goods and / or large item rubbish) just any old place, purely to evade the high cost of "doing the right thing."

Some people just cannot afford to "do the right thing" and the problem of man made refuse just doesn't go away..

Therefore, I'd like to go through the council's balance sheet figures.

I bet it could be done.

"No Tip Fees"

Also - pause to wonder how many public works (hospitals, schools etc.), that could be built out of the funding of 5 minutes of fireworks bringing about every happy new years celebration in the city centres.

While I sympathize with your position regarding councils and tip fees, there is no excuse for leaving your campsite in as good if not better condition than when you arrived. Most people will be going home where they have a waste disposal system that they should be using, so generally just laziness.

Pirate pete said:
Was out the other day and came across this little pilehttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5572/1485040053_011.jpg got a bloody good signal from it lol Would hate to see what there house looks like

Not to sidetrack the seriousness of the post , but did you look up the tree , because from the picture it looks like parrots have been in a apple tree , except with cans , just maybe it was a booze tree.

But i am pretty sure its a bogan camp :mad:

I work for a forestry company we pick up truck loads of rubbish a year . Some people are even stupid enough to dump stuff with their names and address on it

Terrible isn't it we all love a day out in the bush.nothing worse than driving past piles of rubbish

stevewilko said:
Hi All..
"No Tip Fees"

I got a skip last week.
Their second smallest. $240.

Its a lot of money considering I pay rates & about $200 a year for a green and slightly larger red bin.
I don't like it but I do understand why people dump.

magneticsand said:
stevewilko said:
Hi All..
"No Tip Fees"

I got a skip last week.
Their second smallest. $240.

Its a lot of money considering I pay rates & about $200 a year for a green and slightly larger red bin.
I don't like it but I do understand why people dump.

Sure and may explain why it's done but not justify :mad:
But doesn't explain why the general rubbish left at campsites and where ever the pigs have been :(
Probably just being inconsiderate slobs does I guess ................. as has been said if it goes in with you it should come out and that includes cigarette butts even.
;)

By far the majority of rubbish being dumped in our state forests are being dumped by locals.
Prospectors are responsible for very little.
It is a direct result of local government charging tip fees.
Most councils provide tip vouchers but charge extra for tyres, mattresses, batteries etc, so most
just do a rubbish run, in the bush.

AtomRat said:
Everyone shoulf be able to recycle just about %99 of their own trash from the home
Need a recycle hints thread, from plastic to fuel, metals to money, right through to food from compost ,.... many minds onto the job ,.... sometimes you just don't know what you can do till the penny drops once you've seen or heard of it. ;)

Latest posts