SHARPIES of MELBOURNE.. 1970s - THEN & NOW pics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loamer said:
This is brilliant. Those were the days. Punks now-a-days would not stand a chance. These modern amateurs think they invented tatts, anti-social behaviour and bad clothes - humbug. Turn up the voume!!!

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofsrbc6R0pc[/video]

We had sharpies and mods here in ol Adelaide. most rode vespas with heaps of chrome and crap. I was 16 and had a lambretta 175. there were a few good discos with great bands, including the twilights, masters apprentices etc. not much trouble from the greasers/rockers. a bit like a watered down version of
Quadraphenia,great film. many were recent poms from London with all the trendy gear.
the WHO ruled supreme. :cool: this was the late 60's. Bon and ACDC were playing around Elizabeth and the largs pier hotel back then.

Remember this.

220px-Double_Jay_banner.jpg

backcreek said:

My radio station for many many years right from the test broadcasts before the launch. Still listen sometimes but I've now gone to grown ups ABC 702

I still have a few of the round 2JJ badges they used to give away at the free outdoor concerts.

Who remembers the early presenters, George Wayne and Russel Guy, Mac Cocker (sp?) Stuart Cranny, Holger Brockman, Bob Hudson, and of course Radio Plays like Chuck Chunder & The Space patrol and Captain Goodvibes (The pig of steel) :lol:

I had a few good sessions with some of those presenters as they were very approachable at the concerts or pubs.

Ahhh all good memories :cool:

Latest posts