SDC maintenance

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what everyone else does to keep their machine running as smooth as possible?? Thread not only SDC owners i would love to hear what other guys do. Here here is what I did tonight. First of all had a few beers....
Pulled batteries out and cleaned then put on charge
Put booster and detector transmitter on charge
Extended shaft and wiped down with spray and wipe
Removed coil cover and wiped down
Inspected coil cover...held up to ceiling light.see pic. Then washed.
Cleaned out all dirt in coil adjustment screw holes...see pic.
Anything else I should be doing????
Interested in other maintenance other machines require also.
Regards Gully
PS give me a sec to load images

When I'm in a good mood and decide to show some love to the detectors, I might remove them from the tray of the ute and put them inside for the night.
Sometimes I go so far as to remove the control box cover and pull out the twigs and spinifex. :Y:

1502277659_img_20170809_204356.jpg
1502277692_img_20170809_204356.jpg

Crap ic, but you can see the wear around the outside of the cover. 6 months and still going strong, how often does everyone else replace them...obviously it depends on the use

Gully said:
Crap ic, but you can see the wear around the outside of the cover. 6 months and still going strong, how often does everyone else replace them...obviously it depends on the use

I usually get a couple of years out of a skid plate :Y:

If you're using it aggressively then a skid plate will be useless in under 12 months, I've gone through 3 in almost as many years (SDC has only been out 3 years) ..... you can now get HD skid plates around twice the price as the ML replacement plate but may last at least twice as long (will let you know in a couple of years).
Cheers Tom

Oh, maintenance, just give it quick wipe down, or don't ... they're pretty indestructible but better care may result in a better price if you intend to sell it down the track.

Latest posts