SDC 2300 vs gold bug 2

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is any VLF that would challenge the SDC then my pick would be the Eureka Gold. If you are detecting and come across some hot ground at least you can drop down form 60 khz to 20 khz and still find some extremely small gold. With the 6" coiltek on the eureka gold would have to be a killer on small gold in the 60, 20 khz settings. The price of the Eureka Gold is selling for at the moment is really good value considering the dollar has fallen causing the gold bug and GMT to rise in price. You definitely get more bang for your buck with the Eureka gold.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Mate
If money is not really a problem for you ??
Then the SDC is really the only "logical" choice if you are concerned about "Hot Ground", don't just think Tassie!! if you travel anywhere, it packs up small & will deal with any ground in OZ without a doubt, the same can NOT be said for ANY VLF, I have an SDC they are awesome a real breakthrough by "Minelab"
The next best thing in future, would be an SDC with an interchangeable coil 8" to 12" !!!!!!!!!!!!! common Minelab!!!!!!!
cheers
Lee

I agree Lee,

You know, it was partly talking to you about them in Charters Towers last year that made me take the plunge. Never looked back!

mfdes said:
I dunno Roscoe.

The Eureka gold have a weird rep. You hardly ever see anyone say they found gold with it.

The Eureka is the Only machine that I have wanted to buy where the Dealer gave me A load of reasons why not to buy it, I Still Like Them, And being able to switch frequencies has to be A Bonus.

The SDC is a top detector on small gold in highly mineralised ground, no doubt about that and being waterproof would be a great feature in Tassie.

But, what about the gold bug 2. I see a lot of people seem to be using it in iron disc mode? Is that because its to noisy in oz ground or are they just using it around iron infested diggings? In high mineral ground how effective is the iron disc mode?

This video seems to suggest that the Iron disc mode is unreliable in high mineral ground.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxEyX7B85E[/video]

TTB, If you haven't detected much with a VLF in high mineralised ground then the Gold bug 2 will test your patients i think and you as well as a lot of people will resort to the Iron disc mode to keep your sanity and you could be walking over a lot of gold in this case?

I haven't had any experience with the GB2, but i have though of buying one in the past. But my thinking was it was just to much of a specialized VLF detector for general gold prospecting.

Latest posts