SD2300 for sale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am selling my SD2300
It comes with lithium batteries and charger,and conection for earphones.
In very good condition $3500.00
Would prefer Pick up

cw3Xm0P.jpg

Building a new support(Plastic frame over the back) to carry the 25 inch NF coil.
I think to heavy for hip stick.

thedigger said:
Building a new support(Plastic frame over the back) to carry the 25 inch NF coil.
I think to heavy for hip stick.
The 25" NF DD-X is the only coil I've run on the 5000 for quite some time now Digger. Hip stick and bungy are ample and even though I'm 57 I can swing it all day. I took Nenad's advice early on and moved the control box back as far as is possible. Being short (5' 6") means I don't need that long a shaft, and the whole set-up is balanced perfectly and is easy to swing all day long. My 25" is heavier than most as I run it with a solid skid plate and eva foam inserts (without both it is an absolute pig of a coil to use anywhere where there are sticks and crud).

Your biggest cause of concern is the Minelab upper and lower shafts, and their ridiculous twist lock in the centre. This is where the Sandy Shafts upper and lower combo turns the whole flopping, twisting, flapping mess into a fantastic deep searching set-up :Y:

Hello Deepseeker

We make the "S" bend shafts,the section where the box goes is longer,about couple inches,Coiltek requested that for that reason so the box can be placed further back.
In regards to the locking nut,we use glands,which we machine out to fit the shaft,so there is no movement
The button fits into the handle.
The good part is,when swinging big coils,no broken handles
C0I681c.jpg

Looks nice Digger, and a smart way to get rid of the Minelab handle and still have the ground balance button.

Sandy shafts also use the machined gland idea. It's excellent, and once tightened it stays that way. :Y:

G'day Digger....have a look at "the prospectors pick' website (they are located Bunbury WA) they designed and build the type of harness your talking about (I think)
I use it for the zed and swear by it....but it's not for everyone.

Thanks for the image Deepseeker...

here is a link.......https://prospectorspick.com.au/the-prospector-harness/

Tony, Hope you haven't got yours set up like the first pic on that link?
For the most comfortable and usable and weightless set up, have the bungee position connected to the shaft so when you pick up the detector (applies to all makes/models) by the bungee only, the machine hangs at your normal angle for swinging. you can actually remove your arm from the rest (not that you would) and the machine box won't crash to the ground. You can swing tirelessly for hours whether you have the PP harness or not.

Frank, now Tony has mentioned it I seem to recall Ted bought the PP harness..

Goldtalk Leonora said:
G'day Digger....have a look at "the prospectors pick' website (they are located Bunbury WA) they designed and build the type of harness your talking about (I think)
I use it for the zed and swear by it....but it's not for everyone.

Thanks for the image Deepseeker...

here is a link.......https://prospectorspick.com.au/the-prospector-harness/

I used the pro 45 harness and put some 3mm x 50mm x 500mm carbon fibre sheet up the back, it does not flex at all, and gives the back support. Takes the pressure, pull off the shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts