scales not working :(

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I bought some scales from ebay and they arrived the other day.
Opened my scales, super excited to see how much my beasts weigh...... Baw baw... scale doesnt work. It keeps saying different weights are on it when theres NOTHING ON IT!!

I Did a calibration on it to try to fix it no luck, stupid thing still says theres 5 grams of air on it :(
Any ideas on how to fix it ? I have contacted the seller but still waiting to hear back

absolutely nothing dryhorrors. i have tried in different rooms and on different surfaces for that reason and still no luck :(

bad set of scales in my book then, it does happen very rarely manufacturer faults, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Firm on the table,no breeze,tare button to 0 .
Should work a treat?
Good luck
If you do no good ,go to tobacconist ,get tamita scales ,they are very good last for years and only about 30 bucks
A good set of scales is cheaper then 5 sht eBay ones

Spot on mackka, just what I was thinking. Having used all sorts of different scales and power sources from weigh bridges to weighing specks alot of false weights and abnormal functions can happen with low batteries or interrupted power.

most of the cheaper scales are imported wth inferior batteries that drop off quickly,also many of these scales don't have a low battery alarm and as a consequence as the bat's drop off the scales do some weird things, your supplier should replace your unit , phill

does it have a plastic tab stuck into the scale for transport ?

some scales have a transit lock , probably not in the cheap versions but if it has then remove that and it might work , but the battery thing mentioned above is worth checking too

they were only $13.00 so its not a money issue more frustrating because i need them!
batteries came new in box, maybe i should grab another couple from the store and see if that makes a difference?

it has a plastic tab stuck over the buttons but not the scale its self.
i think you are right though, worth paying the extra and getting some good ones rather then having to keep going through this!

this is the scale
1408578195_scales.jpg

Hey Spud,
Don't throw out the bath water yet. Some batteries that come with gadgets have been in the box for years and are often duds when you get them. Mind you the price of Duracell or Eveready it probably is cheaper to get a new unit.
I am just pleased that you have something to weigh hehehehe.
Cheers
Mackka

Ah well Spud, look at it this way, two for the price of one. Even if only one works hahahahaha!
Good luck with the new one, maybe it will register more carats than actual,oops sorry.
Mackka

so second scale arrived today... it is faulty as well!!!! argh lol typical haha

I had a strange issue with some scales like that too, it was almost like the numbers were changing to the surrounding noise and my voice 8) I changed over new batteries and it fixed the problem.

Latest posts