Saracen suspend Prospecting WA.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Prospecting requests on Saracen tenure have escalated over the last 6-12 months in part due to word of mouth, and in part due to the elevated gold price which means prospectors want to make a quick buck. As a result, there has been an internal review on how to manage prospecting across Saracen tenure moving forward, and due to a number of mitigating factors, the following changes have been made:

Employees: they can no longer prospect on Saracen tenure; it was deemed that not only is there a conflict of interest, there is difficulty in identifying the source of gold, as well as contractual and safety concerns when prospecting during their rostered swing. Employees can always request to prospect across our competitors tenure; and
External Parties: access for metal detector prospecting will no longer be provided directly through Saracen. I will be advising the Prospectors to apply for a Section 40E permit through the Department (governed by the Mining Act) which overs Exploration Licences only and provides for a three month window. Metal detecting on mining leases is no longer an option on Saracen tenure. In certain circumstances, access to small areas on Saracens mining leases for push and detect and small-scale mining will be given under individual Access Agreements (e.g., Neil Hass on M37/493) on a case by case basis this will provide for specific terms and conditions including the allocation of gold between the Prospector and Saracen.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss. And please pass this information on to anyone I may have missed.

Rockhunter62 said:
So Goldslave, if I have a current prospecting agreement with Saracen, is it still valid? I haven't heard any different. I am not an employee of Saracen.

Cheers

Doug

I guess if you have it in writing, I can't see why not.
Maybe a call to your contact would clarify this?

Do your homework before coming to WA..

Get your permissions right.

It's too far to go for a wasted trip. :mad:

(This post is in the wrong section...sorry)

1583936605_apla.jpg

Latest posts