Rushworth whroo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did not make it to Heathcote Saturday decided to have a look at whroo .
Got myself a little misplaced ( lost ) but made it out so that's a win rite there. So gave the sdc 2300 a swing found the normal but no HONEY!! Dry blowing for maybe 1.5 hours got 3 little balls colour on one side and 5 flakes.
But seriously the amount of RUBBISH left in the forest was not to bad all thou did she a lot of the deeper shaft,s with new green bags in them.
all in all I had another fantastic day in the field by myself did not see another person .

Nice work . What kind of dry blower do you have ? What kind of material did you put through it ? I'd like to try a area can be quite rocky and clayish

Goldhawk said:
Nice work . What kind of dry blower do you have ? What kind of material did you put through it ? I'd like to try a area can be quite rocky and clayish
Hello Goldhawk .
I recently got a keene,s 140s dry blower THE area i tried first was seasonal creek i think it was a creek belted the the bank were there was more smaller stone and clay .The pick bounced back and the bank laughed I laughed and thought dam it so moved a little to the middle was very sandy and small pebbles .
second area was a mulluck heap easy digging very dry redish clay with lots of small wash through it
But hey im still learning . Always have the feeling am i doing this rite . But most times always find a little bit of colour. One tip i will give check what way the wind is blowing . :lol:

Hi dam it,
That's my old stomping grounds! Went all over the area in the early 80's back then it was virgin ground for detecting but the units were basic. Lots of ground noise but lots of junk!
Although I had a blast trying found a few old pennies and belt buckle heaps of rusty bits of crap..... I think over the year people have been taking the crap out so it can be good pickings...
FYI there's was a chap that found a fist size nugget back then as well! Lucky bugger found it in the Rushworth forest but never gave us any clues..... Bugger!
Enjoy it's a great place and if you haven't done so visit the old cemetery and look for a head stone with the name John Welsh interesting quote I've never forgotten...
The history of Whroo is also impressive....
Good luck with the prospecting I'm just starting back after 30 plus years
Cheers Andy

Lambo3534 said:
Hi dam it,
That's my old stomping grounds! Went all over the area in the early 80's back then it was virgin ground for detecting but the units were basic. Lots of ground noise but lots of junk!
Although I had a blast trying found a few old pennies and belt buckle heaps of rusty bits of crap..... I think over the year people have been taking the crap out so it can be good pickings...
FYI there's was a chap that found a fist size nugget back then as well! Lucky bugger found it in the Rushworth forest but never gave us any clues..... Bugger!
Enjoy it's a great place and if you haven't done so visit the old cemetery and look for a head stone with the name John Welsh interesting quote I've never forgotten...
The history of Whroo is also impressive....
Good luck with the prospecting I'm just starting back after 30 plus years
Cheers Andy
Hey Lambo3534
Went back to Rushworth- whroo Monday meant to have a look around cemetery but as the days go so quick when having fun I forgot .
I will be back there im sure
As for the crap back when you were there I think there may be more now seriously why would so dick head dump an old tv in the forest
and the bigger dick who smashed the screen . :mad:
Anyway another awesome day in the forest .

Went out for a few hours at Whroo again today
The place was like a caravan park :eek:
but managed to bag 3 for the day :D
1459070596_wp_20160327_003.jpg

0.5 grams total weight :) it was not smooth sailing tho had to sort through this to get that
1459070689_wp_20160327_004.jpg

55 plus lead shot plus rust chite :| ummmmmm cant always be Gravy :lol:
Was another enjoyable day in the forest :)

Thanks Guys :)
Yer sorry about my reports being a bit crappy latly and lacking detail and the odd laugh ;)
My world is not a funny place at the moment :eek: :( my work brings lots of stress and drama :|
I really enjoy getting out on the week end in the forest :D Its just me and the trees :D
Getting the odd bit of color now and then and sharing it here with you Guys :D and seeing all
the phuckin cool things that you Guys find ;)
:)

Great stuff dam it.
Glad you managed to get out of the stress and drama on Sunday, but sorry we couldn't meet up. You didn't miss any new action at Rehola or Wehla.

Part of a bell maybe, suspended from chain or rope. What's it made of, brass, lead or cast iron obviously not gold Dam It.

Latest posts