Ruby Hill , Upper Bingara

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ground is very hard there mate, I didn't do any good there, stones are very very small. I'd hit one of the pay to dig Sapphire sites near Inverell over Ruby Hill any day. ;)

Yeah mate just goin for a day out n camp up the river as live in new england area and its been raining so hopefully the grounds a bit softer but cheers for the heads up

And heatho you should try 3 creeks gold mine good day out for 20$ and the people who run it are very nice not bad size sapphires either if ya lucky lol

YIPPEKAIAY said:
And heatho you should try 3 creeks gold mine good day out for 20$ and the people who run it are very nice not bad size sapphires either if ya lucky lol

Thanks for the info, have been meaning to get out to 3 Creeks for a look, hopefully will next time I'm in the area, will hopefully be heading to Inverell after the next school holidays finish to dig some Sapphires.

hey guys, just wondering, iv never been to ruby hill before and my question is, is it still worth checking out or has it been pillaged since this post because of the pic of all the gems?

me and a mate are planing on going there this weekend coming.

cheers,
tim

Hi folks,

Was down there a couple of months ago and got quite a few of those blue/green gems. Showed a friend up here and he said that they were volcanic glass and not saphires. I accepted that as I had not heard any reports of saphires at Ruby Hill. My friend seems to know saphires as he has spent quite a lot of time around the fossicking sites of central queensland. Just my take on the photos and the info that I have on Ruby Hill. :eek:

Cheers

Doug

None of the detailed deposit maps I use mentioned Sapphire there either, I never found any of the blue or green bits there when I visited there one time. Would love a small bag full to do an SG test with them just to make sure. Anyway you may be right about the volcanic glass.

Latest posts