RotGrub's Video's from CA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filling in the holes is an acceptable part of the hobby, its just this ridiculous hypocrisy that gets thrown about, like we do all and any damage to the environment. (Mankind). They fail to see nature destroys and rebuilds itself over and over for billions of years. I mean how many bloody bunnies are there in oz? Digging burroughs, making more bunnies, but some poor bugga digs a hole looking for a piece of nature to admire, or sell to somebody else who will appreciate the beauty, and suddenly the planet's gunna chuck a hearty according to these panic merchants. Earth has been around for about 4.5 billion years, constantly changing, evolving into the planet we know today. But in years to come our land masses will again form a super continent, and our current borders will mean nothing. The hole dug in the bush in Victoria a million years ago will probably either end up at the bottom of the ocean or the top of a mountain range.

Humans are the only species on the planet that have stopped evolving, while the universe, planet and all the other species on it evolve around us?

Some of the biggest mining companies of the planet are also the biggest environmental greenies. They're not stupid! We have to survive, and to survive we have to mine. I've been to one mine site where you couldn't kill a mouse, no joke, the mice had to be caught alive for identification.

Well Chewy, i hope those holes end up on top of a mountain instead of at the bottom of the ocean, because i don't think my 2300 is submersible to those depths, and i know i'm certainly not :lol:

So Filthy, even if we wipe ourselves out due to wars or environmental factors, the earth and animals will just keep evolving and find a 'new but continually evolving' balance with perhaps a new 'thinking' top predator to suit the human free world?

Mammals were just warm blooded food for instinct driven critters going back millions of years and sharks and humans still have that relationship today.
Mass extinctions have always lead to the evolution of the next big thing, after all if the dinosaurs were still here would we be?
What comes next is any ones guess?

Couldn't agree more, everything adapts to its environment or perishes. Humans may not be (?) evolving as you say but we do adapt. With good will and good intent humans can do anything they set their minds too. Including USING resources without destroying the environment that we need to exist.

We do adapt, however our instincts for survival have been eroded by technology as has our natural evolution, I'm more of a pessimist when it comes to our long term future, greed will win out, if you need an example just look at coal seam gas and fracking to extract it, is there be any logical reason to destroy our water tables and perfect grazing and farm land, if it wasn't greed.

I still have my natural instincts as do many others Filthy. That's exactly the point of this thread. People who want, no need to be out in the bush, fishing, hunting, mining, exploring, surviving rough, living off the land, using nature. It's a natural instinct for many and i for one want that right to remain.
I don't want some pimply faced kid straight out of school telling me where i can or can't hike or sleep, or that i can't catch a fish because it feels pain, or shoot an animal because it might die at my hands rather than another animal.
Indeed, as race, we are stupid and brilliant, often at the same time. But i for one reckon that good sense and rational people will always prevail over radicals and greed, sometimes it just takes a little time for the masses to react and prevail.

Your spot on, I too can live off the land and appreciate an animals gift in taking it's life to sustain mine and being thankful and living in the moment.
I deal with people from all walks of life millionaires, working slobs and graduates just starting out and they all have one thing in common, want!
No one needs any more, or takes just what they need, they all want the perfect life, what they see in advertising, they are driven to want, after all greed is good.
I no longer have your sense that all will work out in the end, yes your right we are stupid and brilliant, sometimes at the same time, but we no longer explore for the good.

Glad to see the sixties are not forgotten by some. :)

Oh shit, you picked it :lol: :lol: Flower power indeed! I still want stuff like the next person mate, and i've certainly done my share of greed during my earlier years, so i'm no angel mate. I just have faith in humans to do the right thing when it counts. When it becomes necessary the silent majority will prevail if we keep getting pushed around by people who just want to confine us to their way of thinking and living.

I want to thank whoever edited the video for me. I kept looking for a edit button but guess it's not there. Now that we're back, I want to tell you guys that this video was placed on several sites. Many in the US, one in Canada and one in Australia. Canada banned me... All but two or three US sites didn't care and PA was the only one to voice such a loud opinion in favor of the video. I'm starting to think that somewhere in my bloodline I have Australian relatives... You are all lifelong members of the RotGrub Mining Clan. There has been some very good discussion on this thread and regardless of where we live outdoorsmen are outdoorsmen.

SCROUNGER said:
How's the song go? "you better not complain, you'll get in trouble from the MAN! :lol:

Would it be this one SCROUNGER?

Well you wake up in the morning you hear the work bell ring
And they march you to the table to see the same old thing.
Ain't no food upon the table and no pork up in the pan.
But you better not complain boy you get in trouble with the man.

A bit of history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Special_(song)

And CCR'S version:

https://youtu.be/M6NmHEFB2n8

Cheers,
Billy. :cool:

Terrific, what if indeed, time to dust off the wobby here in Oz
1440741468_eureka.gif

Great Job on the vid :)

Great stuff Grub......A man with the courage, the insight and decency to make a stand for what he believes in, and what is rightfully ours!

I salute you mate!

Long live the freedom to enjoy and prosper from our great outdoors I say. ;)

God bless Australia, and our brothers in the USA.

Regards

Meta.

Well done Rotgrub, your passion to stand up for your rights and liberties is admired mate.

Surely with a few more like minded people you can make a change for the better. Best of luck with mate

Here's a novel idea Rotgrub that might work over there and that definitely wouldn't go astray in OZ in my opinion...What if we had a COMMON SENSE political party? Yeah, i know it's really way out there thinking, and probably brought about by my recreational drug taking in the sixties and seventies, but i dunno, maybe it's worth contemplating :)

Latest posts