Roof Top Tents Setup on Trailer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting something I can take out for a night or 2. Thought about a few different options.

I think a small trailer with lockable lid and tent on top may be the way to go.

With the lockable lid stuff can be locked up when having a shower or leaving the park for a few hours.

Does anyone use a setup like this? If you do could you post some photos please of your setup which may help

give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

A mate has an The XTRAIL XMT, an absolute beauty. I have no pics so pinched a few off the net.

1400570115_xtaril.jpg

They have a prototype left for $17,000, less for cash.

Link = http://www.xtrailcampers.com/camper_A1.html

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxjfXIvwsxc[/video]

Thanks guy for the replies.

Awesome setups.

Though i drive around in a ute i think this is the best way
To go as long as the trailer has a lockable lid which will
Be handy to lockup your detecting gear when at a park
Having a shower and so on.

Thanks Again.

Lots of options out there mate. Do an ebay search for camper trailer you may get some good ideas. Just comes down to what you want and you don't have to spend a fortune for a decent set up depending on how fancy you want to go.

I'd tend to agree this would be the best option if your just going away camping for a couple days once in a blue moon. I used a camper trailer on my last trip round oz and was very happy with the no fuss set up and the fact it was always on standby to go on the next trip. :D

Camper trailers are the way to go. One with removable tent so the trailer can be used for other jobs. I'm a solo prospector and have a tray back 4x4 so I camp in that. It has a removable canopy for when I have other jobs to do. Check out myswag.org, great site for camper trailers, tray back campers ect.
:) Mick

My brother is a welder so he can help me out with
Customisations.

Don't laugh though.

Ill put a rectangle hole on one side straight through tent
floor and trailer roof and add a compartment that auto lifts
up through Tent floor revealing tv and water tap or something
Else.

Just a thought though.

When i head out press switch and everything is hidden
Under the floor.

Hey mate i have converted a builders trailer to be more offroad resistant and have my roof top tent set up on that.
I used to have it my 4wd van but with 3inch lift I needed a step ladder to set the bloody thing up.
I keep all my prospecting gear, food, cooking and whatever camping gear in the trailer.
Rock up to a place and set up in 5mins flat tops.
If you were looking at camping for long periods o time I'd 100% grab a camper trailer as you don't have much shelter with rooftop tent. Mine has the add on annexe sleeping area but I don't use it much as I drawer system in the van that converts to bed base or table in seconds and have rear seats that rotate 360degrees so if weather is really foul I can sit back in the van and relax.

Having said that, I'm looking at upgrading to a possible van of some sorts in the future as looks like there is an addition to the family on the way and rooftop ain't a lot of room for 3 in the bed. Quite comfy for me and the misso but a little sprog in the middle might be a bit rough.
Probably still keep the trailer for when I head bush without the tagalongs.

Latest posts